• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cage Time

OOC

NAXJA Member #1031
I'm Looking For Beezil,and Was Sent By Cooter! Any Way I Will Be Removing The Roof Of My Xj And Putting In A Cage. I Plan On Having A Soft Top Made Along With Customizing Either Some Half Doors Or Full Soft Doors. What I'm Looking For Is Advice On The Roof Cutting And Where To Tie In The Cage So I Have Proper Support And Stability. Thank You!

OOC said:
I'm Looking For Beezil,and Was Sent By Cooter! Any Way I Will Be Removing The Roof Of My Xj And Putting In A Cage. I Plan On Having A Soft Top Made Along With Customizing Either Some Half Doors Or Full Soft Doors. What I'm Looking For Is Advice On The Roof Cutting And Where To Tie In The Cage So I Have Proper Support And Stability. Thank You!

do a search, this has been discussed before. there's plenty of threads with pics and advice.

OOC said:

I'm sure Beezil will "capitalize" on this oppurtunity to get to know you better.

Say hi to Cooter, and Uncle Jesse for us.

CRASH

This is smelling a lot like a secret agent, under cover roll cage type guy......hhhhhmmmmmm.......

Post some pics of your welds before we go any further.........

:D

Hey...I have seen you on GLJT. You did not ask about mine so I will of course give you my thoughts anyway. I will address the custopm top portion of your question...

Riggs Brothers, Downers Grove, go there...talk to Jim ONLY...tell him you know my Jeep. I cannot reccomend his work enough, I have a soft top and just got a bikini top for mine and it is first quality work. You may want to check out some pics. so I have linked a .zip file with pics.

PICS

Rev

First Off Thanks Guys. Second They Won't Be My Welds They Will Be Cooter's. Not To Mention My Welds Are Ok Thank For Offering To Inspect Them.

If you want Beez to show up just ask him for the proper method to trianglate your cage, But you're not sure if you need one cause you don't plan on ever rolling your jeep. I bet that makes come out of the wood work.

Ok here ya go , is this better? Whats this crap about me not rolling the Jeep? I already have and would like protection for any future mishaps!

Ok here ya go , is this better? Whats this crap about me not rolling the Jeep? I already have and would like protection for any future mishaps!

Not that you won't. Beezil just hates posser cages. It's called pushing his buttons.

if you are doing a cage, then there really is no advice i can give on where to cut....its an individual choice! its like art, really.

If you can't position members of the cage directly above the "frame section" of the unibody, make sure you weld in "stand off" brackets to the uniframe so that all members of your cage tie into the frame....

cages shouldn't "float" on the floorpan, no matter how big the feet are.

OOC said:
Definately not a poser! Unless you see me on a skateboard!

Born to grind.
Aaah the good old days...
download.php

Now I grind rocks...
download.php

I put 38s on it last night (no pics) and 3 of the 4 leafs pack I re did, Ill do the other one tonight. Its about 3-4in taller. It will work so much better then the old tires and leafs...

Back