• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Light Pics

COXJ

NAXJA Member #989
Anyone have rock lights?or pics of rigs with rock lights? i need some ideas on were to put then what kind to get you know the drill. thanks

WIll

COXJ said:
Anyone have rock lights?or pics of rigs with rock lights? i need some ideas on were to put then what kind to get you know the drill. thanks

WIll

Here's my rear one mounted to my shock "hoop"... I'll have pics of the front ones later...
cross1.jpg

Billy

I mounted my front rock lights right to the back side of the front crossmember and the rear are right by where the upper shock mounts are. By the way, I used the $15 walmart ricer lights. They have been holding up for about 2 years now.

freek how much did that light run you? and does that light up your rear tires enoughf? i havent thought about ones in the middle of the rig but i guess if its bright enoughf it would work. More pics please

WIll

COXJ said:
freek how much did that light run you? and does that light up your rear tires enoughf? i havent thought about ones in the middle of the rig but i guess if its bright enoughf it would work. More pics please

WIll

I got the original light on sale for $8 locally, but we were cleaning up at work and I found a 100 watt bulb to replace the stock 30 watt one. The 100 watt is a lot brighter, but even the 30 watt lit up the rear tires enough (and the whole undercarriage I might add). I'll try to get you some illuminated pics once my jeep's up and running again - the light is disconnected right now.
Billy

so there is one guy around here that has pics of their rock lights. and only 2 that have rock lights? come on guys

WIll

well despiet all the talk i have seen about using el chepo lights for rock lights and no name un sealed low wattage junk i have found the rock lights. if ya check out Jeepin.com on his gear page you can buy these Hella lamps there 55 wats with a good difusion pattern. and on top of that there under $9 each i found them localy and got 6 they should work awsome. ill post some pics when i get them in on tuesday.

WIll

seriously, go to walmart. you can get two lights with a wiring kit (i think its "blazer offroad" or something like that, they are rectangular about 2" high and 5" across. they fit very nicely) for around $20. i have helped 5 or 6 of my friends install them and it is so easy.

Back