• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Dana Tech Page?

Big Hank

NAXJA member #435
NAXJA Member
Whats a good dana Tech page? I am trying to figure out the interchangibility of parts. I got my front 44 on its way,"still under the truck at a friends" and the 60 is still just waitin. The 44 is six lug and i want to convert to 8 lug to match the 1998 Dodge Dana 60. I need to know what parts are going to carry over for the front axle 6 to 8 conversion. Also, a guy told me that the dodge 60 was probably a metric bolt pattern.<--this possible???

Also, Heard from a guy who does mud drags that dodge has used a different axle shafts in a 44 before. He said it takes modification to other 44 housings, but it is much stronger, wasn't sure if anyone has heard of this.

Thanks, Gene MJ

Hey Gene you figured out a price for all that old JUNK you plan taking off :D Still mb interested if you know. I am in no hurry thou so dont take the stuff off on my account.
Spell at you later, Digger

Digger,

I shoudn't do this, but i think i will take it all off and put in on the XJ and rebuild most of it in the process. I road with GI John during winterfest and had a blast in an XJ. So I got all the junk to do a locked and geared Xj, might as well go for it.

Still a chance i will get my head on straight and leave it as a good daily driver. So if I do, I'll put ya first on the list for a good deal.

If i make the xj big, i will be selling the stock parts though. So if you have interest in a 27 spline 8.25 in good shape, and another D30. I will also probably get rid of the MJ springs. i think they are 3.5 or close. Whatever comes with the 5.5 RE kit. Upper and lower control arms. The front spacers.
So basically. If you want to do a front 5.5 inch i will hook you up. I am keeping the drop brackets.

Gene MJ

Back