• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dumb power lock question...

Drewlee77

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced the power window motor on my 00' Sport today and after finishing and testing everything to make sure it all works fine I noticed that the power lock doesn't work if the key is turned to "ON" or "ACC". It will unlock - but it won't lock. Is it suppossed to be this way and I just never noticed? One of my roomates suggested it was a security feature to keep you from locking your keys in the car... but that seems silly... then again, I can't come up with any explanation otherwise (since it unlocks fine and will lock with the car off...)

TIA

Drewlee77 said:
I replaced the power window motor on my 00' Sport today and after finishing and testing everything to make sure it all works fine I noticed that the power lock doesn't work if the key is turned to "ON" or "ACC". It will unlock - but it won't lock. Is it suppossed to be this way and I just never noticed? One of my roomates suggested it was a security feature to keep you from locking your keys in the car... but that seems silly... then again, I can't come up with any explanation otherwise (since it unlocks fine and will lock with the car off...)

TIA

Yep this is normal,

First time I noticed this with my 2000 I must have hit the lock switch about 15 times thinking what the F#$% happened to my door locks!

8700XJS

Thanks! How I owned this truck for a year and half without noticing this, I don't know....

Back