• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone done any grill mods?

I put a winch in mine :greensmok

I saw a pretty cool one. The guy took his off, put two elect. fans covered with wire. All black. From a distance you couldn't even see the fans.

Don't have a camera, sorry, but I have a Stainless steel insert set from CustomCarGrilles.com. It was only about 35 bones all together. I know alot of guys on this forum probably wouldn't like it, but my XJ is black and silver all over, so the stainless looks excellent next to the clear corners. Flame away haters. Haha, oh well, Good luck.

I like the XJ Wagoneer's front grill with quad lights. Was planning to see if that would work on my 96 XJ (if I can ever find one).

Eddie

JeepSpeed said:
Don't have a camera, sorry, but I have a Stainless steel insert set from CustomCarGrilles.com. I know alot of guys on this forum probably wouldn't like it, but my XJ is black and silver all over, so the stainless looks excellent next to the clear corners. Flame away haters. Haha, oh well, Good luck.

What makes you say that?

Have you been personally flamed, or are you jumping to conclusions?

We are all here because we love/hate the XJ....some are lifted, and some are lowered. The majority of owners here lift their rigs, but all can appreciate hard work and a well done ride.

For the record, I blacked out the chrome "center bars" between the main slats.

My buddy had an old grill off a military jeep, don't know which model but it had the horizontal slats, it was just narrow enough to fit inside my grill and I was planning to shorten it and put my KC's where the headlight buckets were. Then the bastard got rid of it. I think it would be sick.

Once I get a few bucks I am gunna put round headlight in place of my square ones. Eventually I really want to redo the whole front with 2big round head lights 2 smaller ones and a rhino chaser grill like the old J-trucks. I think that would be pimpin.

Alright, it's not a big mod, and I was in search of more airflow not good looks..... On my 93' I cut out all of the small 1/8" wide slats between the big slats. It makes the grill a little less "busy"

Just my .02 cents

Dave

I used mothers back-to0black so they arent faded grey anymore ;)

dean

picture.JPG

No, really Ill post one of tomarrow. This is the before pic. I used premiuim Gutter Meshfrom Home Depot and cut it to fit and glued em in.

I have the Wagoneer front. I cut out all the plastci, used the chicken wire stuff for Home Depot. Put the coolers behind there total, sunk in a small pair of PIAAs.
came out real ricerriffic. But it flows nice.
Jeep%20X-Over.JPG

Jeep%20Remote%20Oil.JPG

Jep now has two frame rail coolers mounted on the radiator, and a huge oil cooler mounted behind the bumper eith the Hanson air vents hitting it straight on.
All Stainless hose and -AN fittings
I have better pics of the plumbling, just not posted.

GI-John said:
For the record, I blacked out the chrome "center bars" between the main slats.

ditto, cept mine were white. makes the grill look less cluttered and was free.

Back