• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

??Glasspacks??

XJEEPER04

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I'm thinking about puttin a glasspack on my 4.0. Anyone know how they sound? It's got a turbo muffler on it now but it's not loud enough for me!! So if anyone is running one i would like to hear what you guys think ...thanks

They sound OK. Louder than a turbo but not as loud as a Flowmaster. Have the later now and hate it. Will go back to a glaspak or try Dynomax next.

I've got a cherry bomb on mine and it sounds perfect

Vug said:
They sound OK.

yep, had one on my last rig, got stock exhaust on my current rig and it's way too quiet, can't even hear it runnin.

I also liked it cuz it was rounded so it 'floated' over rocks rather than catching the corners.

I have had two different glass backs on my rig one really short one and one really really long one. The shorter one sounded better. But I didnt get it for sound I got them because the stock ones crush if you push on them to hard not nearly as rock friendly as the cherry bomb.

i ahve a glasspack,not a cherry bomb but one i had to pay 50 bucks for. Loud but not the best sound when ur engine is kinda sick :bawl: Go flowmaster if u want a real good sound

XJEEPER04 said:
It's got a turbo muffler on it now but it's not loud enough for me!!

Why bother with any pipes at all?

Go straight header or go home!

CRASH

Took my 88 MJ to muffler shop to weld up some pipe, muffler was shot, they took it off and now I'm just running on the pipe and converter....not sure what is best...what is the cost on a glass pack set up?

sullivanclan said:
Took my 88 MJ to muffler shop to weld up some pipe, muffler was shot, they took it off and now I'm just running on the pipe and converter....not sure what is best...what is the cost on a glass pack set up?

My cherry bomb was 19.95 plus tax

I've been running a glass pack for the last couple of years and like the sound. Again, not quite the low rumble, but great for clearance and good price.

Chris

i run gibson welded mufflers and they seem to be fine. its not totally quiet and not extremely loud. it also doesn't put out that stupid sound that all those asian lowered rides have...

brandon

I'm running a stainless steel resonator from a 95 dodge spirit (hey it was in the parts pile, right?), 2 1/4" in and out 16" long 4" round It's basically a glasspack with no fiberglass... never rusts. loud and obnoxious, the wife hates it, I love it especially with the 50mph 2nd gear downshifts going under a bridge...scaring old ladies and little dogs everywhere.

bottom line, stay off the loud pedal around Johnny Law and don't be too annoying and no one will care.

CRASH said:
Why bother with any pipes at all?

Go straight header or go home!

CRASH

Hell yeah straight pipes or go home

After my stock muff took a dump on a rock I replaced it with a Cherry Bomb. I’ve had it on for a year now and I still like it. Its louder than stock, but not obnoxious. The best part was it cost $27 and took 20 mins to install (had to cut 1” off of stock pipe).

Well depending on how strict to the law you are or if it's a trail rig only, I can tell ya that eliminating the cat and using a glass pack will give you a pretty nice sound that you can hear over yer tires but not be obnoxiusly loud or sound like a ricer wannabe. Still not a V8 but a helluvalot better than stock. Also makes a major power increase.

Back