• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Obw

trouble1

NAXJA Forum User
After spending a week turning wrenches on my jeep...and wandering thru junkyards picking up odds and ends, I wound up with LOTS of spare parts ...alternators, starters a/c compressors etc...1 from the "new" junkyard motor, and my originals. Since i was already in this far I went out and bought all new bolt on stuff with a lifetime warranty, so hopefully i wont be crawling under her again for a while...Anyway, at 5AM I started playing with a compressor, and before i realized It I had a very crude OBA system set up, and a shell of what used to be a nice emglo compressor, so, i started thinking OBW. I can fab brackets to the compressor and put next to it, if I put the compressor in place of the A/C, (A/C used to be nice, and I'd like to keep if possible), or I can keep the A/C, put the compressor next to it, but where for the extra alternator?
Also, how do you figure out what size belt to use after all this is over?
Thanx, Dave

I don't have any answers for you, but you should have put this on video. Sounds like a Monster Garage marathon!

Back