• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE relocation brackets

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
i'm going to install some Re relocation brackets over spring break. i've heard of people having trouble getting these to fit... i have a 98' Xj, are there any tips you guys have for this install? suspension work is pretty simple, but i've never dealt with these relocation brackets before, and people have said that they took up most of the install time.! any advice would be awesome!

brandon
ps. XJK9bar1, i'm going to the bank tomorrow, thanks man

Last edited:
Patience!!! They will work and were worth the trouble. IMO
Take your time.
Install everthing very loose. After you have all the bolts started then start tightening. I had to get creative with a ratchet strap to get the holes to line up at the crossmember. You will have to drill out the holes for the upper brackets and if i remeber correctly the instructions don't mention this. Checkout this link it helped me.http://www.ilovejeeps.com

i just did this over the weekend. the ride has definatly improved. 5.5" non-adj RE LCAs and adj RE UCAs. it was definatly a pain! the brackets themselves weren't too bad but the support bracket arms that connect to the crossmember were a bear. not to mention that i need to modify my C4X4 rock rail front mounts now. and yes you will need a ratchet strap to help line stuff up. it also pushed my axel forward quite a bit and i found found that more trim was needed up in the front of the tire. have fun and don't curse toooooo much!

I have them and installing them was pretty straightforward. It took some time to get everything bolted up right. USE LOC-TITE on the threads for the bolts that hold them to the lower control arm mounts. They try to work loose. Also, USE THE REINFORCING BRACES! I don't have them, and I'll bet that's why my bolts keep trying to work loose. I get a lot of creaks and pops from mine. I'll definately be bracing mine up.

The cool thing about them is that I could run stock control arms with 6" of lift, and still not get the harsh ride associated with big lifts and short arms. Hope some of this helps.

Jared

I installed these on my XJ about a year ago. The support brackets were definitely the more dicfficult part. As was earlier suggested, start all of the bolts first, then tighten everything up. For the support brackets, install the nuts on the lower control arm adjusters first (just start the nuts a couple of turns), then you can twist the brackets by hand to line up the crossmember bolts ( I did not need ratchet straps). Once all bolts are started torque the nuts at the lower control arms first, then the crossmember bolts.

Once they are in, you're gonna love em. I run them with 5.5" of lift and stock control arms. Awesome!

FrankNBrew said:
Once they are in, you're gonna love em. I run them with 5.5" of lift and stock control arms. Awesome!

Umm yeah, ditto to all the other stuff. I installed the brackets as part of my 5.5" kit. no ratchet strap, nothing special really. Just lined everything up put in all the bolts then tightened. That link to ilovejeeps is great. helped me out. This ride difference is incredible. i have had several R.E. kits and by far this was the best ride of any of them. Curious though, I didn't see if your front swaybar had been relocated....? Have fun and enjoy. start the liquid wrench now.....

edit: the 2 upper bolts, small, that bolt the control bracket to the support bracket DONT OVERTIGHTEN!!!! They will break. :nono:

Last edited:
Back