• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just thought I'd share specs on my Stroker motor..

BajaCherokee92 said:
235hp and 330ft/lb tq depending on which valves it has......if they are bigger, its could be up to 245hp......I still need to find out.

http://home.endlessmtnfab.com/MouseMotor.jpg

and

http://home.endlessmtnfab.com/MouseMotor2.jpg

Which stroker do you have 4.5 or 4.6 I would guess. that's some major torque! who needs new gears with that amount of torque :) I am looking at getting the 4.7 or 4.8 from www.jakesracingengines.com myself, can't wait! Oh hey if you have the 4.6 stroker do a search on ebay for 4.6 stroker and you can get a cool 4.6 decal to replace your out-of-date 4.0...they also have the 4.7 decal!

Baja, you should have more HP than that if its the stroker built by Ben. It should have more like 260hp and same approx torque. Are you sure you got the cam specs in right?

I have somewhere around 220hp with my 4.0L now and should get somewhere around 225-230hp with a Banks header, new mandral bent down pipe, and larger fuel injectors and Adj MAP sensor once I tune it on a dyno.

AARON

You might find that computer simulation and real world dyno figures are quite different.
Your 600 cfm intake figure is suspect!

Your cam duration figures are too low (I think they should both be 264 degrees), the cfm figure of 600 is too high (enter 550cfm if you have 62mm TB, 500cfm if it's 60mm), and is your CR really as high as 10.0:1? If those specs are true, I think you're setting yourself up for some serious pinging problems at low revs.
My own 4.6 stroker comes in at 257hp/323lbft on Dyno 2000 but I'm going to be a bit more aggressive with the head porting this time and I'll be using a '00 intake manifold, so I think my true figures should end up slightly higher than those.
4.6L stroker (under construction)
- Websites -
Jeep 4.0 performance, 4.6L stroker build-up
- Tech Webpages -
CTS resistor trick, Dual electric fans, IAT sensor relocation, Intake manifold heatshield, MAP adjuster, Oil temp. gauge install
- Info Pages -
Automotive formulae, Jeep 4.0 cam specs, Jeep engine dyno graphs

My buddy Joe Attardo moved the opening/closing numbers around and came up with 245hp and 329ft/lbs with little valves and 255hp and 327ft/lbs with big valves. He tried 500cfm and that resulted in a 3hp change.....

Andy gave me all of these specs off the cam card, I'm not even 100% positive that they're correct, but we're going with what we've got for now.

-Adam

Back