• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exo progress coming along

Fullsizexj

NAXJA Forum User
Got a bunch of it done this weekend
1270055-P3010140.jpg

1270056-P3010141.jpg

1270057-P3010142.jpg

1270058-P3010143.jpg

Still have to make the rear swing gate for it, I plan to make it so that I can put a removeable rack on it so when I do overnight runs and such I can put an ice chest on it or jerrycans

Looking good, but I've got a question. In the back, why did you come up so early instead of protecting the hatch all the way out??

Kejtar said:
Looking good, but I've got a question. In the back, why did you come up so early instead of protecting the hatch all the way out??
With the halo on the roof, I could not go back any further and still be able to open the hatch all the way, so with the d pillars I had to connect them where the are at and not get in the way of the hatch either besides the point of the exo is to protect the non replaceable body, The hatch is a bolt on replaceable item so I am not as concerned with it

Weren't you suppose to be wheeling last weekend?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:D

hinkley

Not that I know of since I am still waiting for the Superior 35 spline axles to arrive, besides I beleive BOTW is an invitational and I did not receive one

Fullsizexj said:
With the halo on the roof, I could not go back any further and still be able to open the hatch all the way, so with the d pillars I had to connect them where the are at and not get in the way of the hatch either besides the point of the exo is to protect the non replaceable body, The hatch is a bolt on replaceable item so I am not as concerned with it

That makes sense. Although.... I was thinking if you extended the sides further back (more of a curved hoop) could you have made a "gate" to reinforce it sideways?

Kejtar said:
That makes sense. Although.... I was thinking if you extended the sides further back (more of a curved hoop) could you have made a "gate" to reinforce it sideways?
I will be making a gate for it, with a removeable Ice chest rack

Fullsizexj said:
Got a bunch of it done this weekend

1270057-P3010142.jpg

Still have to make the rear swing gate for it, I plan to make it so that I can put a removeable rack on it so when I do overnight runs and such I can put an ice chest on it or jerrycans

your D-pilliar doesent flow well with the lines of the cage.. I cant picture this Swing gate your gonna add that may help.

This exo picture is very similar to yours but he added an extra tube to protect the hatch. Yes the hatch is easily replaceable, but It looks better with the lines of the cage, and it would distribute force on the D-pillar away from that 90 degree bend you have going to the rear bumper...

just and idea.

download.php

ashmanjeepxj said:
your D-pilliar doesent flow well with the lines of the cage.. I cant picture this Swing gate your gonna add that may help.

This exo picture is very similar to yours but he added an extra tube to protect the hatch. Yes the hatch is easily replaceable, but It looks better with the lines of the cage, and it would distribute force on the D-pillar away from that 90 degree bend you have going to the rear bumper...

just and idea.

download.php
I will look at mine a little later and see if something like that would work and still clear the hatch, see my halo does not come out far enough from the driprail to atatch to the halo for something like that but I may be able to make it work off the top of the D pillar. I saw that one out at Calroks, boy they kind of just clogged up every course they got on, I don't recall them ever finishing one single course

I like the way the D Pillar looks. Makes the rear look like a part of the whole instead of just a ladder up the side like most that just put the horizontals between verticals.

korda said:
I like the way the D Pillar looks. Makes the rear look like a part of the whole instead of just a ladder up the side like most that just put the horizontals between verticals.
I'm still not sure if I like it or not, but went ahead and painted the whole thing this morning anyways
1270754-P3030144.jpg

Back