• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chevy brake lines?

andyr354

NAXJA Forum User
Have came accross a few posts of people saying they were running them, but didn't have many specifics. One said a 92 chevy, but not what model....

Anyway looking for something long enough to work with my FW swap D44 front. Will be running 8" springs.

btt
btt

I remember hearing the same thing. When I worked in a tire shop, I did notice a 1992 Chev 2500 4x4 had LOOONG front brake lines. Run down to AutoZone and have them get some off the shelf to look at. Just make sure that the ends will work with your hardware. For the rear, look at the early '90s Dodge Dakota 4x4 for longer brake lines.

Jared

LOL - I have 6" of lift and STOCK brake lines. They are more than I need. I just relocated the bracket that holds them to the unibody in the wheel well. Longer shocks would require me to get longer lines though. Mine are the DT3000's that come with the RE 5.5" Extreme Duty Kit.

Jared

crimsonride said:
I have the SS braided lines for a 77-87 chev w/4" lift on mine, there's more line there than I'll ever need.

So the hardline to flex line is a direct fit? What about the caliper end? My new front 44 has Chevy brakes but the center bolt (banjo bolt?) is bigger than my stock cherokee one. Did you have to change that? Is the caliper end round?

Back