• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

update on hubby surprise

squidwife

NAXJA Forum User
OK I have absorbed as much info as I can. Please tell me if these are good prices and such..
RE6130 $696
RE 1467 $20
Front and rear ARB's $620 each.
JB super short SYE and tom woods driveshaft $400
re-gear to 4.56 (no quote, its added into the deal)
Skid row engine,xfer case and gas tank skid $500
Custom rear bumper $300
ARB compressor
shocks (can't remember which brand but i think it starts with a D)
Crane high clearance D30 diff cover
My guy is gonna install and do it all out the door for $5k

Of course that $5k includes all the extra installation kits and goodies needed to do all this to the 97 xj. I am gonna leave the meats and little stuff for hubby to pick out. I feel if I picked out his tires it would be like taking the remote away during a Yankee game.He's from NY.
Can anyone think of anything else???
Also, other than cost, is there any reason I should NOT do front and rear ARB's?

Thanks so much.You all are awesome!!!!

Will you marry me instead?

on the lift price...shoot an email to www.dc4wd.com He's a local guy to my area and where I picked up my RE 6030 kit. He'll beat any price you can find. As for the lockers, i would make sure to get the selectable ones from what i hear...probably should talk to someone that has lockers though

What Rd (f.k.a. ArmStrong) said:
Will you marry me instead?
I was thinking if she married me, she can have the remote AND pick out the tires...

If the 5K is for labor and regearing parts only then it is WAY to high. PLEASE get another quote from a garage that has experience with 4X4's and especially ARB installations. Put a call out on Non-Tech for a qualified shop in your area, hopefully someone will know of a good place.
BTW, do you have a Sister? TC
As far as both ARB's are concerned, they are very much worth doing now. it'll be one of the best mod's you'll ever make, IF they are installed properly.

Last edited:
Here's a couple places that will save you some cash.
First is Bigoffroad.com, I've delt with them many times, and they always give me great deals. I haven't been able to beat their RE prices.
Second is Mad4wd.com, a friend got his ARBs there for less then what you where saying.
Last is for the Crane diff cover. Follow this link http://www.rubiconownersforum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3964
They are doing a group buy, and you can save 15%, plus free shipping.

Hope that helps!

The $5k is for all the items listed and various install kits , labor,gears,re-gearing etc.
Will check out the group buy thread. I have a 03 tombraider rubicon that hubby got me for my bday last yr,4"suspension and 1"BL,warn front and rear bumpers and a warn 9.5xp. So, I must say that I am SPOILED!!!!
I realize I can get a little better prices from bigger companies and such.But i am trying to get it all from 1 person that can do it all. Is it really that high of a quote?

That sounds better, it didn't look like the rest of the parts were included when I read the first post. I agree with your decision of buying all the parts from the same supplier when having it all done at once, gives you better leverage if you have any problems afterward. I can't stress enough the importance of having someone who is experienced in ARB installations, don't be their training ground. TC

I added up to about $4000.00 parts only. And for labor $1000.00 doesn't sound too terrible. It just seems you can cut a few bucks here and there by shopping around and ordering parts from different vendors. However if your guy can get all this and install it for 5Gs then I'd say do it and save yourself the hassle of comparison shopping. Gear installs themselves can take a chunk of the labor in itself. Just my .02

My guy is actually very good with ARB's.He comes highly recommended from the local clubs, he is kinda like the ARB king around here as far as installs go.And he has tons of xj experience which was another factor in getting him. Thanks for the concern and replies...will be moving to Norfolk in June, hope to wheel with some of you all.

I will chime in since I am a vendor for most of this stuff. I claim to be able to beat most drivetrain prices out there, but I can't touch some of this stuff. but I don't know what his prices are on the gears and install kits. in fact you might want him to double check his ARB prices. They just went up within the past few weeks. $50!!!

I say good deal!!!

On that RE6130, I'd recommend substituting the JKS Quicker Disconnects for the RE ones that are included otherwise. Likewise, you may want to upgrade the trackbar to the RE1660 HD Trackbar and RE1665 Trackbar Bracket; if you feel real froggy add the RE1670 Trackbar Brace, but I have heard a number of complaints about fitment with that part.

I subbed Adjustable SuperFlex control arms in mine as well; I added adjustable lowers but would recommend adjustable uppers if there were a next time.

"Shocks that start with 'D'" sounds like Doetsch Tech DT3000s to me. I like 'em

Sounds like hubby is getting quite a deal. I'd say he's got quite a keeper there...

:dunno: Where do we go to worship this woman? :worship: And where in the world do they grow these women :huh: I gotta move... :roll:

Yucca-Man said:
On that RE6130, I'd recommend substituting the JKS Quicker Disconnects for the RE ones that are included otherwise.

I subbed Adjustable SuperFlex control arms in mine as well; I added adjustable lowers but would recommend adjustable uppers if there were a next time.

Sounds like hubby is getting quite a deal. I'd say he's got quite a keeper there...

I agree. You can make th RE disconects easier to deal with by carrying a 12" Quick-Grip mini bar clamp with you. As far as the adj. arms go, spend the little extra and upgrade. When I put .75" poly spacers in the front to level things out a bit, they saved my hide (and wallet), especially with the upper arms. Keep in mind that this is not the end of the Mods, no matter what one would like to think. Any time you have the chance, and can afford it, plan ahead with avoiding redundent spending a priority. The price for the adj. arms as an upgrade now as opposed to full replacment cost down the road is a bargain. BTW I am very happy with my RE pkg.

Both you and the planned Mods do seem to be quite the Keepers. Good luck with the suprise.:loveu:

Love to see this rig when you get to Norfolk. There's a few of us XJ guy's running around here. Keep us in mind when you do get here.

Love to meet you VA people and anyone around that area. We will be there until June 05, so hope to get some good wheeling in. And as far as where they "grow"us women like this...I am from KY but did 9 yrs in the Navy as a Gas Turbine Mechanic all out in San Diego and on a ship ( destroyer). So, I love to meet new people and have grown up 4 wheeling all my life( on quads) and just getting hubby into and so we are both pretty new to jeepin. But being we are both very adventurous people, nothing much we don't try.Thanks for the help!!! You guys rock!!!!

I can't wait to see pics of this rig and your husbands look on his face. Some one has to take pics of this when he sees it. I have a jeep chick but your greatest.

Back