• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

70s Dodge Ram LP D44 strength?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I have a hook up on axles and found a 70ish Ram 4x4 with what I am sure is a LP D44, it did have flat top knuckles though, anyone know how strong these are? (Axles for a friends CJ, knuckles are for me)

Also is there any certain tool I can use to help me unhook e-brake cables when getting axles? I was getting some XJ D44s today and it took me forever to get the e-brake cables off, one was cut off.

ZachMan said:
I have a hook up on axles and found a 70ish Ram 4x4 with what I am sure is a LP D44, it did have flat top knuckles though, anyone know how strong these are? (Axles for a friends CJ, knuckles are for me)

Also is there any certain tool I can use to help me unhook e-brake cables when getting axles? I was getting some XJ D44s today and it took me forever to get the e-brake cables off, one was cut off.

Where are you trying to remove them from, all you do is loosin the jam nut. Push in the little tabs all the way around the round clip on the unibody and your done. You shouldn't have to cut them off. As far as the LP 44, Normal Dana 44 strength. It is LP so you are limited there, might be drum brakes? I think you can just swap over the chevy knuckles and out for discs..........Don't quote me on this though. I am sure someone more knowledgable with chime in........... :confused1

Back