• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stroker mapping

green rust

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at running 24# injectors in my 4.6 stroker, and I assume i have to change the mapping to do this. Does anybody know where I can get an adjustable map sensor or know how to make the stock sensor work with the larger injectors.

TurboCity makes an adjustable MAP sensor.
I think it was one of the guys on the Street tech (Dr. Dyno I think) made one. Call him out or do a search over there and you should get the info you desire.

Bones :skull1:

green rust said:
I'm looking at running 24# injectors in my 4.6 stroker, and I assume i have to change the mapping to do this. Does anybody know where I can get an adjustable map sensor or know how to make the stock sensor work with the larger injectors.

A M.A.P. sensor has nothing to do with mapping. In the simplest terms, the ECU has a set of lookup tables that it referances for various conditions. An adjustable manifold air pressure sensor (MAP), fools the ECU into using a table that is different from the one it would normally use for the other inputs it is receiving (O2, CTS, MAT, knock, TPS).

An adjustable MAP can really help lean out or richen up the fuel curve by shortening or widening the injector pulse width.

CRASH

CRASH said:
An adjustable MAP can really help lean out or richen up the fuel curve by shortening or widening the injector pulse width.

CRASH

Yes, that's the basic reason for having the MAP adjuster. The link to my write-up is in my "sig.".
4.6L stroker (under construction)
- Websites -
Jeep 4.0 performance, 4.6L stroker build-up
- Tech Webpages -
CTS resistor trick, Dual electric fans, IAT sensor relocation, Intake manifold heatshield, MAP adjuster, Oil temp. gauge install
- Info Pages -
Automotive formulae, Jeep 4.0 cam specs, Jeep engine dyno graphs

Back