• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will a AX-15 tranny from a 89 Wrangler fit my 94XJ?

Turtle

NAXJA Forum User
A guy locally has a AX-15 tranny out of a 89 wrangler, with about 90,xxx miles on it. He wants $150. I was thinking about buying it just for a spare, mine has 169,xxx on it. And for $150 it seems like a good deal.

Will it fit the XJ? Do not know why it wouldn't, but better to ask than to be sorry.

Thanks

No.. it wont fit at all, you should tell me where it is and let me buy it so i can replace my Peugeot. :)

Anyway, it should fit depending on what you have in there now.

If you have an AX-5 or a BA 10/5 and a NP231 you will have to get a new input shaft for you transfer case. I believe they had 21 spline input shaft. But if you have an ax-15 in there right now you should have a 23 spline input shaft. If you have an ax-15 in there right now it should be a direct rebolt. Now computer work for a manual thank god! :yelclap:

There is some good information out there about an BA 10/5 swaps just do a search.

hodge

I guess I should have said what tranny I have. I do have the AX-15, atleast I should. It's a 1994 Cherokee with a 5 speed.

Back