• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tera add-on Long Arm Kit

myjeepsbigger

NAXJA Forum User
Did a search to no real avail. I'm in comparison mode now. I have pretty much found the info I need on other brands, so....

Has anyone tried the Teraflex add on Long Arms? Pro's and Con's of design? I personally think the tube diameter looks a bit small, but I was curious if anyone has tried them out.

Thx.

i run the tera standard length flex arm kit and i love it.. flexes like a beast. I have also seen the Tera long arm kit on a cherokee and my friends could quote me saying "i wouldn't be caught dead with that kit on my junk" especially for how much it costs.

I can get it delivered for $239.99....wanna know where?

ARTSTER said:
Yes, please tell use where? Or pm me.

Thanx Art

Me too please.

r@m

clayton longarms :D

myjeepsbigger said:
I can get it delivered for $239.99....wanna know where?

$239.95 too much. I thought they had quit making them. I have nothing against Tera, but if I were to want to go the long arm direction, there are much better choices. The Tera's only address the LCA's, so that tha difference in arcs between them and the remaining short UCA's is working against you.
I had briefly considered them at one time, but was warned by the local dealer that sold them, there were geometry and flex problems that came along with the high price of them at the time.
Never confuse price with dollar value, and do your homework. :greensmok

Who make a "low" long arm kit?

Looking for something in the 4" range.

r@m

dennisuello said:
you can run whatever height springs you want with long arms.

... if you don't mind your arms hitting the frame rails. Otherwise 4 1/2"+ is probably the bare minimum unless you design them yourself to clear everything when stuffed.

Thanks for the advice. The kit is coming from Sam's Off Road. Apparently, from the guy I spoke to, Tera has a special running until the end of April. Interesting how no one has anything good to say about these. Just curious if anyone has first-hand experience.

Last edited:
myjeepsbigger said:
Thanks for the advice. The kit is coming from Sam's Off Road. Apparently, from the guy I spoke to, Tera has a special running until the end of April. Interesting how no one has anything good to say about these. Just curious if anyone has first-hand experience.
I'm rumming the Tera long arm with around 6" of lift. I would not hesitate to recomend them to anyone. The trail performance is uncanny! I had to put in limiting straps to keep my springs in place, it flexes so well, up and down. As for any weird geomety changes, I think you all have been fed a bunch of b.s.. And on the road, you will not believe the difference. Mine rides like a zj. They are plenty beefy, greesable, easy to change caster, and easy to install. Did mine in less than two hours!

MaXJohnson said:
... if you don't mind your arms hitting the frame rails. Otherwise 4 1/2"+ is probably the bare minimum unless you design them yourself to clear everything when stuffed.

If your arms are mounted "inboard",then there isnt a problem,they will clear the frame rails!

The smaller diameter tera arms i believe are solid stock, and i think they might have changed to DOM tubing lately. My friend has the long arms along with the rear coil conversion and i think it flexes too easily. such as you can lift a tire on the street pulling into a driveway if you give it too much gas and not very stable at high speed.

Back