• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any one used Duraback coating?

SOOLONG

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 xj with a protofab front pre runner winch bumper. I had this covered with line-x. I am extremely happy with the line-x. I have now purchased a rear bumper and tire carrier from Off Road Technologies. I ordered it in raw metal which I have sand blasted. Iam now wondering if any body has good or bad reviews on Duraback vs. Line-X Coatings or just how well does Duraback hold up. If Duraback holds up as well as Line-X does I will spray the rocker panels also. Thank you for any input ahead of time.

Joe

Duraback is some great stuff! I did the in side of my girl friends TJ with it and we both love it. A buddy of mine did the inside of hid Bronco and loves it! Just becareful of the gritty version... It's real gritty.. As in 40 grit!

Anyone had any luck with the paint on bed liner from Wally world ? I used it on the top of mine. I haul lots of camping stuff up there and it has really held up pretty good. But I dont know about putting it on my grill, or rockers. Any suggestions?

Is Duraback anything like Herculiner? If so, what's the difference? Why not use Herculiner, it seems to be sold in more places.

XJWheelie said:
Is Duraback anything like Herculiner? If so, what's the difference? Why not use Herculiner, it seems to be sold in more places.
This is exactly what I am trying to figure out. I use to own a chevy pickup. At the time I was working for Cabela's and I bought Herculiner at cost. I sprayed it with an underbody SKS gun. It took forever for the stuff to dry. It never seemed to hold on the best however it did look great. The Line-X that I have on my front bumper cost me $100.00 to have sprayed but I had to sandblast and prep it for him. The Line-X is so much more durable than the Herculiner there is no comparison. The only problem is that I am a do it your self kind of guy and the thought of paying some one to do something that I am completley capable of really bothers me. So if Duraback is as durable or close to as durable as Line-X I might give it try on the new rear bumper. I would say that Herculiner is not the way to go for the best durability however I did not use 60 grit to prep the surface of the truck bed before I apllied it like the Line-x guy does before he does. It all comes down to adhesion to the surface and how thick the aplication is. If Duraback is said to be the same as Herculiner I think I will stay with Line-X.

Joe

Back