• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE superflex 4.5 inch lift for 93 XJ

jlaw3000

NAXJA Forum User
Does this kit come with a t-case drop or will i have to by one seperately? Also will i immediately have to purchase new driveshaft or can i wait till the spring. Also, will this kit provide enought clearance for 33x12.5 tires or will i need wheel spacers or what not?

jlaw3000. said:
Also, will this kit provide enought clearance for 33x12.5 tires or will i need wheel spacers or what not?

Put 33's on with my 5.5" R.E. kit and I'll be trimmin before the snow melts here. I am sure some people run them 4.5" kits so there is enough "clearance" . Question is what do you consider enough clearance?
:repair:

the RE6130 kits shows a t/case drop included in the catalog listing.. i just bought the same kit with a 3/4" spacer just in case i need it to clear 33x10.50s.... i am expecting to maybe trim a lil but not much.. i an not planning on a SYE immediately.. i will do the lift first and see what i need after that... i think some creatve shimming i may not need it.... (this being installed in my 87 XJ) my 99 needed a SYE just by putting the lift parts in the back to bring them home!!!

mike

sidriptide said:
my 99 needed a SYE just by putting the lift parts in the back to bring them home!!!

mike

Are you saying you have the RE6130 on your '99? And if so, you couldn't drive it without the SYE? I'm installing that lift on my '99 March 21st. I have the Super Short SYE from JB Conversions and 4 degree shims. As of right now, I plan on ordering a CV driveshaft on the 22nd from either Tom Woods or A1. It would be nice to drive it back home from my buddies place, but if the rear won't work, I'm not driving over 40mph on I-95 for an hour on the front.

Then again, he could follow with an orange light on top of his Jeep :) :) :)

evilpresence said:
Are you saying you have the RE6130 on your '99? And if so, you couldn't drive it without the SYE? I'm installing that lift on my '99 March 21st. I have the Super Short SYE from JB Conversions and 4 degree shims. As of right now, I plan on ordering a CV driveshaft on the 22nd from either Tom Woods or A1. It would be nice to drive it back home from my buddies place, but if the rear won't work, I'm not driving over 40mph on I-95 for an hour on the front.

Then again, he could follow with an orange light on top of his Jeep :) :) :)

I'm running the 4.5 RE in my 99 currently without an SYE, although I will be purchasing one soon for peace of mind. I have vibes only when really getting on it. I am running a custom rear D44, that is pinion set for the upcoming SYE (i.e. pointing at the t-case). So, I think you could get away with it short term with some shims, but I would go the SYE off the bat if you've got the funds.

You will be doing some serious trimming to run 33's on 4.5. I had my lift on a 91 before my current XJ, running 32x11.5 on 4.5 BS, and had to do some minor trimming, 33's would require some aggressive sawzalling...

xj-grin said:
I had my lift on a 91 before my current XJ, running 32x11.5 on 4.5 BS, and had to do some minor trimming, 33's would require some aggressive sawzalling...

What size wheels are you running? I'm looking at stock 15x7s with MTR 32x11.5s? Sound good with the RE6130 (4.5")?

Sorry to jack the thread.

the re kit does come with a tcase drop. however if you order the sye kit and cvdrive shaft they will swap out the tcase drop with axle shims so that you don't lose the ground clearance. The tcase and shims are the same price so there was no big deal on the swapping it out. I didn't wan the tcase drop anyways so I was happy with it. Thats amaizing you don't have vibes with teh 99 even with a pinion adjusted d44 in the rear. one of the lucky guys out there. I had all kinds of vibes drove around the block and this back road and it was way bad.

I second the 32.1150s on the 4.5 lift thats what I run and they stuff nice. I could use some minor trim work but not much.

evilpresence said:
What size wheels are we looking at here, stock or aftermarker - like 15x8s?

i think if you run 4.5" BS you will be just about right with 32/11.50's or 33/10.50's you will have to trim a little for the 33's but not much..

poppabear said:
i think if you run 4.5" BS you will be just about right with 32/11.50's or 33/10.50's you will have to trim a little for the 33's but not much..

Some guys in my club aren't sure about it, but they also don't run XJs. Thanks for the reply, but an "I think" only going to help me out a little. Anyone running 32x11.5 MTRs with stock 15x7s with 4.5" backspacing?

Sorry to jack the thread... again.

Instead of getting the 3.5" rear springs and longer shackles that are included with the 4.5" suspension system why not get the 4.5" springs and run stock length revolver shackles. It seems to me that this would be the way to go. Any thoughts?

XJWheelie said:
Instead of getting the 3.5" rear springs and longer shackles that are included with the 4.5" suspension system why not get the 4.5" springs and run stock length revolver shackles. It seems to me that this would be the way to go. Any thoughts?
The stock length shackles don't allow as much movement/flex as the longer shackle on a 3.5" leaf - the guys at RE have looked at that option and decided on this as a better setup

What about using the 4.5" springs and revolver shackles? I won't bother asking about positives and negatives of revolver shackles since I searched and found way too much information on that.

evilpresence said:
What size wheels are you running? I'm looking at stock 15x7s with MTR 32x11.5s? Sound good with the RE6130 (4.5")?

Sorry to jack the thread.

15x8 w/ 4.5 BS. Didn't take much trimming to make the 32x 11.5 BFG muds fit.

Back