• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When leaf springs go BAD!

ChuckD

NAXJA Forum User
When leaf springs go BAD! :twisted:

After I put on some lift shackles I now have a 1.25" difference. The driver side leaf spring has flattened about 1.25" compared to the passenger side. It's a stock spring with 1 yr old Rough Country add-a-leaf. On a 93' XJ w/130k.

My first question is, is the entire leaf spring bad or is it just the add-a-leaf. Can I rebuild it for another couple of seasons?

My second, I have a set of 4runner springs at my disposal. They are 2.25" wide(at least that's what I remember). My add-a-leaf is only 2.25" wide. Can I use these leaves to rebuild mine?

no clue wich one is bad, I would assume its the aal

You would have to look and see, my pack contains a 3 in rusty aal and a 70s mustang leaf. the mustang leaf actually fit in pretty well.

Don't mess with the 2.25" junk. Go get yourself an S-10 pickup leaf pack from pick and pull. The main leaf is too long, but the rest work very well for about a 4 inch lift pack. Just use your main leaf and mix and match till you get to 5 or 6 leaves.

CRASH

Back