• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pulling dents out of the frame rail

ChuckD

NAXJA Forum User
Circled in red are two dents I got last summer on the Siera Chapter Swamp Lk Run. I know I can replace the crossmember and already have two replacements. I do have a nasty reminder right behind where the crossmember mounts. So can I and how do I get it straighted out. Could I do it myself or should I go to a frame shop? If I can my plan is to put 3x3 angle all the way down to the rear spring mount to protect them from further damage.

TIA

Really doesn't look that bad at all from the angle of the pic. I'd leave it alone. The frame rail does go up, behind there, when it is manufactured, by the way. In case you think that was caused by what ever put in those two small dents.

I'd say there's a manufactured difference of at least 2 inches from the x-member to the front of the cat on my 97 in the frame rail.

I wouldn't worry about it to much unless it affects the attatcment of the crossmember, I have a few dents in my frame with no ill effects.

Back