• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ/XJ axle brackets

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I just came across 2 TJ front low pinion axle housings that have the stock brackets still attached. Each axle is damaged at the opposite ends so I could get one complete set of brackets and coil mounts. I should also mention I got the axles for free. :yelclap: I am wondering if it is worth my time to cut off the axle brackets for a future front D44 swap in? If so. What should I do about the upper control arm mount on top of the pumpkin, cut it off flush? How would this be attached to the new axle? I am in the process of locating some waggy axles to swap into my XJ at a much later date. I am just gathering info and any needed components at this point. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Bryan C.

NAXJA member 674

Some parts would be useful while others wouldn't. I used stock coil brackets on mine, but made custom other mounts. I wouldn't mess with trying to use the upper control arm mount on the pumpkin since it is cast steel. If you could reuse part of the passenger side upper control arm mount from both axles, you could use the bushing insert part of one on an over-the-pumpkin arch on the D44. The other one could be used on the passengers side of the D44 making sure you boxed it in for more strength. Take a look at this for my D44 buildup: http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/JAfrontD44arb/FrontD44arb.htm

Jeff

Back