• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone Heard or Used this Tires????

gtride

NAXJA Forum User
Hey my friend works at auto shop and he said he can get me 33x12.50 15's new for about $85 each? here is the link to the tires he is talking about:

http://www.vulcantire.com/drngomt_t.htm

My question is have anybody heard of them or used them on their rig? Do you think i should try them out? It's really cheap to bee good quality tires, but never know, because i never used them. Give me your sugestions and opinins.

Thanks

p.s. sorry didn't post a pic, because i don't know how to, what i got to do to post a pic?

I have heard of them but never seen one and I work in the tire bussiness. I would spend a little more and get a tire that you know is going to perform. It will cost you more, but I would get some BFG KM's because they are a great tire and still not too expensive. I run them on both of my rigs and I love them.
my .02

They look similar to the Dunlop Rover M/Ts. Its probably just like any other no-name mud tire. There are so many of them out there, you could probably find better. I got a guy to sell me 4 Dayton Timberline m/t's for $95 a piece and they are an amazing tire. Went to tires plus and they had a sale going. They were originally like 125-130 or somthin like that. Look for deals before you go impulse buying on a tire that you have no idea about. Tires are going to be one of the most important choices when it comes to traction and comfort.

I have seen them and they aren't that bad of a tire but don't last that long. My brother used to work for Pep Boys, They did carry them in the MD store he worked at years ago.
But I would look at
www.tirerack.com
Great prices. Are you looking for MT or AT.

BF Goodrich AT/KO
Size:33X12.5-15
Load Rating C
QR Speed Rated Price: $127
Estimated Availability: In Stock Qty: 12345678

Firestone Wilderness AT III (Off Road All-Terrain)
Load Rating C
R Speed Rated Price: $99
Estimated Availability: Low Stock Qty: 12345678

Goodyear Wrangler AT/S (Off Road All-Terrain)
Load Rating C
R Speed Rated Price: $141

Kumho Venture AT 825 (Off Road All-Terrain)
Load Rating C
SR Speed Rated Price: $87

BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM (Off Road Max. Traction)
QR Speed Rated Price: $143
Estimated Availability: Low Stock Qty: 12345678

Firestone Destination M/T (Off Road Max. Traction)
Load Rating C
R Speed Rated Price: $140

General Grabber MT (Off Road Max. Traction)
Load Rating C
R Speed Rated Price: $123

Goodyear Wrangler MT/R (Off Road Max. Traction)
Load Rating C
QR Speed Rated Price: $152

Kumho Venture MT (Off Road Max. Traction)
QR Speed Rated Price: $101
Estimated Availability: Back Order

Those are from Tire Rack.com. Juice

Ive heard of/ bought/ used and still use thier tires, they aint bad!!!!!
I use them on my shop truck and used to run them on my Jeep, Ill continue
in the future too, but on my Jeeps, I now use Swampers!!!!

I live a small town of 25k. I just went down to the local dealer and cut the best deal on the tires I wanted. BUT - it's hard to beat Tirerack!!

Abugarcia said:
I have heard of them but never seen one and I work in the tire bussiness. I would spend a little more and get a tire that you know is going to perform. It will cost you more, but I would get some BFG KM's because they are a great tire and still not too expensive. I run them on both of my rigs and I love them.
my .02

Not to sound like an ass.....but,
I think he is asking if anyone had used THESE tires. Not what everyone recommends he use. There are a thousand posts about what he CAN get.

these tires are identical to Futura Enforcer MTs and the cooper discovery MT, both are pretty decent tires. I ran a set of 31" futuras on my old dodge for a while, and they were some good tires for the money!

As stated before........Ive ran/used these tires.......for the money, thier the
chit......Ive gotten 3 seasons out of mine........Lending the leftovers out this
weekend........and YES, I expect them back....Cut or uncut!!

gtride said:
Hey my friend works at auto shop and he said he can get me 33x12.50 15's new for about $85 each? here is the link to the tires he is talking about:

http://www.vulcantire.com/drngomt_t.htm

My question is have anybody heard of them or used them on their rig? Do you think i should try them out? It's really cheap to bee good quality tires, but never know, because i never used them. Give me your sugestions and opinins.

Thanks

p.s. sorry didn't post a pic, because i don't know how to, what i got to do to post a pic?

The tires you are talking about are reputable tires. They are manufactured by Roadmaster tires which is a subsidiary of Cooper tires, which manufacture many brands for other companies most notably Avon Tires and Mickey Thompsons. So in a way, if you buy Roadmasters, you are buying a low grade Mickey Thompson! (not true, but sounds good...) Of course you probably already know that GENERALLY speaking tires are all made of the same stuff, and will perform about the same under normal conditions. That said, we all have our favorites, and many of us will swear by our favorite come hell or high water, but when it comes down to it, a tire's a tire... buy what fits your budget.
Just my two cents....

(jeez, i been lippy lately eh?)

Sincerely,
Buck.

Thanks everyone, it seems like for the price is a good tire. I'll give it a thought and see if i buy them, if i do i'll let you know how they do so i'll probably post up something later on. Do you think 15's 10" wide rim with ~5" lift with about 3 3/8 back spacing will rub on XJ even if i take flares off, or am still going to have to chop some fenders?

Thanks, Rodion

Back