• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

summary please...

MMIXJ

NAXJA Forum User
**after 10 years of broadband access from home, i can't believe we bought a house that isn't being served "yet"... <grrrrr> ***

so since my dial-up connection keeps dropping me every 10 minutes, can somebody please post a summary of the status so far?

specifically (from my quick look around this forum):
has this chapter been NAXJA approved (i see we have our own forum at least)?
how to "officially" join? $$?
is the march 6th event/meeting a certainty?
if so, time and location?
have the officers been elected (or just nominated)?

...and anything else of importance. i'll try to hit my local wi-fi coffee shop tomorrow to catch up, but maybe this thread can serve as a FAQ for folks just coming over from COLO-XJ list (or whereever).

thanks & g'night.

OK, here it goes as of 2/24/04 am:
We have tentative approval from NAXJA. We have to vote on a set of bylaws and get them approved. If we stay with the standard NAXJA bylaws approval is a snap.

Officers have only been nominated, not yet elected. Hopefully that will take place March 6th at 11:00am at our kick off meeting at Johnson Auto Plaza at Hwy 85 & 136th.

At that meeting we will need to discuss locations of future meetings, our first sanctioned trail run, funding the chapter, and approving the bylaws.

I hope to be able to sell NAXJA memberships there on that day. As of right now, it does not appear that we will have chapter dues, so a NAXJA membership will also cover a chapter membership.

Behind the scenes, there has been work proceeding on the organization of the Colorado Fest 2004 scheduled for August. That event will be most likely split between two locations, a few days at one site, a few days at the other. The two sites in the running now are Ouray and Buena Vista. We should have a more firm itenerary within a week or two. The coordinating on that event is being handled by Grant Barclay.

Some sample Logos have been proposed and are looking good.

thanks for the reply...

any chance this first meeting could be held at the MedVed location mentioned earlier? seems like a bunch of folks would be coming from the south (at least this time around). i have to work that afternoon (mar 6) so brighton would prohibit my attendance, but i could swing by the MedVed location for an hour or so before having to leave.

not trying to rock the boat, just thinking aloud.
;)

MMIXJ said:
thanks for the reply...

any chance this first meeting could be held at the MedVed location mentioned earlier? seems like a bunch of folks would be coming from the south (at least this time around). i have to work that afternoon (mar 6) so brighton would prohibit my attendance, but i could swing by the MedVed location for an hour or so before having to leave.

not trying to rock the boat, just thinking aloud.
;)

Notes from the meeting will be posted here by the elected secratery. Looks like the first meeting will be at Johnson's. There is an issues thread if you would like to post some topics you would like us to dicuss. I will make sure that those topics are covered.

Terry, not for you, but for others reading:

Everyone needs to remember you must be NAXJA member, or have a good idea that you want to be a NAXJA member to attend. If you just want to take a look at some rigs and chit chat, this may not be the forum for that. If you attend and feel like it's something that you don't want to be a part of, no problem...that's what this meeting is for. however, please don't attend if you already know you do not want to be a part of NAXJA.

Locations

Remember when you pick locations it would be nice to remember that Colorado is more than the Denver flatlands. Is the location set? Will we be able to gone NAXJA there? Not having a local chapter is the only reason I have not joined.

I should have the signup stuff at the meeting.

Tom Houston

old_man said:
I should have the signup stuff at the meeting.

Tom Houston
Tom I live in Leadville, Co. so I would like to help out where I can. I do know the Holy Cross area. I actually ran the two FS campgrounds on Homestake Road. There is alot of free camping in that area. Leadville and Avon are about the same distance, plus each have a NAPA, fuel, eats and beer. If you would like help e-mail me and I will get you my phone number.

If you could post your offer of help over on the NAXJA Events section under the Colorado Fest 2004 section it would be appreciated. Grant is coordinating that run, I will be assisting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Houston

Back