• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball Joints on Waggy Axle???

Heep

NAXJA Forum User
I tried a rented ball joint press and even used my impact and these fkr's still wont budge. This is a junkyard axle but wow, I even tried the BFH method and nothing. Im going the right way too, any suggestions?They are soakin in PB blaster for the night

Heep said:
I tried a rented ball joint press and even used my impact and these fkr's still wont budge. This is a junkyard axle but wow, I even tried the BFH method and nothing. Im going the right way too, any suggestions?They are soakin in PB blaster for the night

You know there's a snap ring on the bottom one, right? Other than that... PB Blaster and BFH. If you're desperate... I know my local napa will change them out... you might wanna try yours.
Billy

Try a little heat. Even one of those little propane jobbies that go on the disposable tanks will work. A little expansion will break the rust hold.

I have also tapped around it with a hammer when the press is still on. Use a big hammer on one side (held in place) and hit with a smaller hammer on the other.

Good luck.

Back