• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 300 flipping?

XJjosh

NAXJA Member #1025
does anyone know the website that tells you how to flip a dana 300 for 20 dollars? i saw it somewhere but forgot where it is at. thanks

Here's mine. It's all done cept getting some rod and boring it out for the detents/springs and threading it. It shifts smooth as pie on the bench without gear oil in it. Hopefully it still shifts when it in the rig..
here's a few pics

46620971.jpg

42604572.jpg

What about the clearence issue under the XJ, do you have the space to do the flipp wuthout problem or you have to lower the TCase

I'm lucky enough to just hack out what gets in the way, if it itsnt rusted out already. I may have pics tonight to show any clerance issuses, going to bolt it all together and slide it in for a test fit.

TPI MJ, are you expecting to have to do a lot of clearencing with the 203/d300 combo? I am assuming that was a np203 range box I spied in one of those pics, of course.

Pirata, it just dawned on me that pics of where i'll be clearancing won't help you much. I'm not going to be using a stock motor/tranny. Here are some pics though in this thread.

Isreal, there isn't much left of the floor board in the MJ. I'll just build around everything when I replace the floor.

Ok thanks, that`s a full combo.

What about the usefull of a twin stick in that side drop? Is possible?
Another newbie, can you bolt on a d300 in a AW4? or you need adapter?

You can twin stick is just like a regular 300. If you have a 23 spline output on your AW4 it will work. You'll need an adapter ring. Do a search on Pirate4x4.com. I believe Go2Guy makes a ring, I want to say they're in the $75 range?

Back