• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA's

Royce

NAXJA Forum User
Any pointers replacing the LCA's? I have a set of Rusty's and want to do them before gettin the XJ aligned after last Saturday's lift. I should have done them then but I need the help of my friend to melt a bolt out I guess. I got one completely off, and then got to the passenger side and the upper bolt on the arm seems to have seized up inside the arm... doesn't come out at all, even after 30 minutes of the BFH. I had a hell off a time involving a bottlejack, block of wood and a pry bar to get the factory one to line back up. Took forever. Any other suggestions on the bolt or lining up Rusty's when I finally get them on!? :confused:

Yeah,put the axle end on first. Then you can use a pry bar to push the arm forward to install the rear bolt. If that doesn't work,I've used the ol' Hi-Lift w/2X4 wedged between the front axle and rear tire to get things lined up :)

I attached the axle end first. I used a comealong to move the axle back and used a pry bar to move the axle forward, I used a bottle jack to force the arm into the frame mount end, bolted it in then did the other side.

comealong, bottle jack, prybar..

Is there any method tha doesnt involve thigns like jacks? lol Or is it just a known fact that these things are a bitch. :)

Back