• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocking questions

Atom

NAXJA Forum User
Ok- I have two questions:
1. I just saw a discussion on a front Shock conversion- what is this and why would we want to do it?
2. I have a 3 inch lift with 3 inch lift shocks- I am in process of getting parts to make it 4.5. Can I be cheap and add extenders to the front shocks, do I need to buy longer ones, or can I leave them as is? (that is if I leave them will I loose a lot of down travel?)

you will need longer shocks if you going offroad with it. Shock extenders are fine with the budget boost kits but you will need to replace the shocks. I run the JKS shock conversion. Pretty cheap and allowed me to get the right lengh shocks because it changes the upper mount to a EB1 (hoop). I have a 6.75" lift. So shocks were a problem to find.

Well i did that a year ago when i went to 4.5 from 3. I use the stud extender up top with a little mod to the shock and use homemade BPE at the bottom and they have worked great. you will borrom out the shock if your bumpstops aren't longenough but in a year of daily driving and wheelin I haven't had a problem.

Back