• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Limited Slip oil change

Atom

NAXJA Forum User
I have a quick question- I have always used brake cleaner to help get all of the oil out of my diff's when changing the fluid. But my Jeep has a limited factory limited slip in it! Is brake cleaner bad for the clutches?

don't know if it's bad or not (don't see a reason why it should be, but then again I don't really see a reason to use it in the first place)... but most importanly, don't forget to add the Limted Splip additive!!!!

Kejtar said:
don't know if it's bad or not (don't see a reason why it should be, but then again I don't really see a reason to use it in the first place)... but most importanly, don't forget to add the Limted Splip additive!!!!

There you almost gave the answer.
"......don't forget to add the Limted Splip additive!!!!"
but don't wash it out the clutch packs either, manual says "just wipe it clean"
I guess it's allright to use brake cleaner but not on the clutch packs.

After finishing the oil change an added the additive, drive appr. 6 times an 8-figure this will get the oil and the additive in the clutch packs ASAP.

Back