• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil pressure guage spiked!

xxxj-va

NAXJA Forum User
So I am driving to the local dump to rid myself of some trash/recyclables and I look down to see the oil pressure guage spiked! I slowed down, pulled off the highway, shut down, started up and we were back to normal.
2000XJ I-6 33K ...ideas?

P

Had my trooper go to -0- at 70mph, almost had heart failure. Connector on the sender came unplugged. Jeep senders are known to go bad ALOT, they seem to run in cycles. You will see a bunch of the same model/year all pop up at the same time then go away for a while till the next waypoint shows up. Also alot of people seem to break them during oil changes for some reason [knock on wood], unfortunately they are plastic so they are somewhat on the brittle side...

Yes it is made from metal and you dont need the special oil press. switch removal socket to do it. Do your self a favor and stay away from cheap parts from kragen (partsamerica) or sometimes even autozone. Go and get Napa Parts they are alot better made, sometimes even cost less and you usually only do the job once in your lifetime. I cant tell you how many times I have had to replace the same parts from Kragen. Napa and napaonline.com has the oil pressure switch/sender part# MPEOP6638SB for 14.99! Here is the link,

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/n...r=15599202&prmenbr=5806&usrcommgrpid=62770696

Matt

1986 XJ 2.8L V6 4x4 6" (3.4L swap soon just waiting for the 2.8 to die......)
1986 XJ 2Door 2.5L 5spd 4x4 (np207) 3" lift 5 new 31" brigestone M/T's 94K Mi (For Sale)
1996 ZJ 4.0L 4x4 Bought New, traded-in after 3 years of issues. Total Lemon!
2002 Tundra TRD V8

Last edited:
Nope But i guess i should i practicly live there and its so close. Actually you'd save $18 bucks off kragen's price of $32 from the links above. Just got back from there now. I bought some gear oil for 1.50 a quart. 8)

Back