• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Negative battery cable length?

SouthernXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My 91 XJ left me stranded a few days ago. Thought it may have been the NSS but then I realized I had no power on a good battery I had just dropped in. So, hopefully it’s a bad ground.

Anyone know off hand how long of a ground cable I need to replace mine? I'm at work, Jeep is at home, so I cant check myself. Thanks!

SouthernXJ said:
My 91 XJ left me stranded a few days ago. Thought it may have been the NSS but then I realized I had no power on a good battery I had just dropped in. So, hopefully it’s a bad ground.

Anyone know off hand how long of a ground cable I need to replace mine? I'm at work, Jeep is at home, so I cant check myself. Thanks!

do you need a new negative(black) wire or grounding strap???

grounding strap is about 12 to 18 inches.

Honestly no clue. All I know is the battery had a charge and nothing would come on (interior lights, ignition, headlights) so I am starting with the grounds. I assume it would be an idea to swap out both?

check the ground on the engine block first, than move on to the ground strap. If anything looks suspect replace it. on mine the block side was showing the wires so it was time to replace. I got mine from Jeepers Creepers years ago. Juice

Back