• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauges

zero2fearo

NAXJA Forum User
So, I am thinking of swaping in a full set of factory clocks to replace that huge gas gauge. Anyone know what is envolved with the sensors & changing them out?

thx

In your 92, you will need a gauge cluster from 91 throught 96. You will also need to replace the oil pressure sender near the oil filter, and the temp sender near the back of the block, near the firewall. I did this about a year ago and it was really easy. Took about an hour and a half start to finish. Get the cluster from a pick-n-pull, but buy the senders from a dealer. I tried to get aftermarket senders, and I had a tough time gettig the right part, and the prices varied greatly. You might be able to find them cheaper than the dealer, but it will be worth it to get the right part the first time.

How 'bout the tach?

The tach wiring is already in place. Plug in the gauge cluster and the tach should work.

Sweet
thx,

If I decide to do the same thing to my wife's '91, is there any different advice re the '91 vs what's already been given for the '92? TIA! Don

Back