• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB Channel

LiquidOps

NAXJA Forum User
ok... I know most of you have CB's in your rigs...

Any of you monitor them while on the road? Not on the trail, but on your daily drives? Too many times I've seen XJ's with CB Antenna's sticking out the back and always wonder. If so... what channel do you guys normally chill on? It would be cool to say what's up next time i'm on the Freeway.

Channel

I am usually on 4 if my antena is up. I have a magnet mount and a really low garage so usually only us it on the way to and from runs. Plan on mounting one on the side for around town and the magnet mount for the trail.

I use 4

Tried this once and all I got was a bunch of truckers yaking.

After 3 days I got tired and turned it off.

Rabbit :dunno:

LiquidOps said:
ok... I know most of you have CB's in your rigs...

Any of you monitor them while on the road? Not on the trail, but on your daily drives? Too many times I've seen XJ's with CB Antenna's sticking out the back and always wonder. If so... what channel do you guys normally chill on? It would be cool to say what's up next time i'm on the Freeway.

Magmounts suck, drill the hole and get it over with. My CB antenna is mounted and up all the time, my CB is on 75% of the time on CH 4 and monitoring. I also monitor several amateur radio repeaters in North County.

Speaking of which, the Palomar Amateur Radio Club has a Tuesday evening off-roader's "net" (like a chat room) at 9PM.

mikedashg said:
Magmounts suck, drill the hole and get it over with. My CB antenna is mounted and up all the time, my CB is on 75% of the time on CH 4 and monitoring. I also monitor several amateur radio repeaters in North County.

Speaking of which, the Palomar Amateur Radio Club has a Tuesday evening off-roader's "net" (like a chat room) at 9PM.

My antenna is up all the time (don't think dirty like that)....

Channel 4 it is...

If I've got my antenna with me (Right now I'm using a mag mount because my hard mount needs some work) I'll toss it on channel four when I see another Jeep with a CB antenna, but I don't run it all the time.

Sequoia

mikedashg said:

What CB do you guys use? I want to purchase the Cobra 20xtr, but am wondering what other brands do you like/recommend?

Hey Mike, I am just new around here and i noticed you're from Vista, Well I live near the Oceanside/Vista Border. I'm wondering if you would like to maybe meet up on some trails and talk to a fellow XJ'er.

1986 XJ 2.8L V6 4x4 6" (3.4L swap soon just waiting for the 2.8 to die......)
1986 XJ 2Door 2.5L 5spd 4x4 (np207) 3" lift 5 new 31" brigestone M/T's 94K Mi (For Sale)
2002 Tundra TRD V8

XJ_Matt said:
What CB do you guys use? I want to purchase the Cobra 20xtr, but am wondering what other brands do you like/recommend?

Hey Mike, I am just new around here and i noticed you're from Vista, Well I live near the Oceanside/Vista Border. I'm wondering if you would like to maybe meet up on some trails and talk to a fellow XJ'er.

1986 XJ 2.8L V6 4x4 6" (3.4L swap soon just waiting for the 2.8 to die......)
1986 XJ 2Door 2.5L 5spd 4x4 (np207) 3" lift 5 new 31" brigestone M/T's 94K Mi (For Sale)
2002 Tundra TRD V8

I use whatever works and is cheap. My first CB was free, THANKS DAD! hehe. It happen to be a Midland, it still works, but the mic went out. I got a Radio Shack el-cheapo recently last minute so I could have SOMETHING for the trail.

Right on, how long have you been you here? I guess you havn't seen my Jeep about. I use to drive it a lot, but it's seeing less miles lately. I use to live right on the San Marcos/Vista border off Sycamore, now I live right across the street from the Vista Post Office (off Escondido Ave).

I usually go wheeling once a month at least. A lot of the times I post to the socalxj yahoo group. I'm fairly new to NAXJA. There are several of us North County guys. Can you get away during the week for lunch? Several us occasionally meet on our lunch breaks (or lack there of) at the Islands in San Diego off Balboa: http://www.islandsrestaurants.com/loclist_sd.htm
I think we're trying to get one going for next week. Last time we had 5 or 6 show up. That's usually the turnout.

mikedashg said:

Which repeater do they run on, and is it linked so that I can get it in Riverside?

-KD6WMD

Heechee55 said:
Which repeater do they run on, and is it linked so that I can get it in Riverside?

-KD6WMD

I don't think it is linked do anything, but it's on Palomar Mt, can u hit that mt? It has a HUGE coverage area. Here are the net listings with the freqency:

http://www.palomararc.com/nets.htm

The 147.730 machine has a negative offset, and a 107.2 tone, but the tone is not needed to access it.

BTW, I'm W6MKE

Back