• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CV joints for the D30?

Weasel

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I know the 84-86 had CV in the D30 but I think they are the same size as the smaller u joints offered in the pre 96 D30. Is there any CV for that are the same size or bigger then the 297 u joints? I know some people have used the grand Cherokee CV joints, and know what size they are, and if they will work in a XJ D30.

As long as they are the same size CV are usually stronger, just have to keep the boots intact. I would like to run them over if I can find something that would work. Not that I have a problem breaking u joints, but just looking around.

the early XJ ones will fit in any dana 30.

with that said, 30x9.50s a 2.8L and an auto can grenade those CVs pretty easily. they're not strong in any sense of the word.

I think it's all in how you drive. I wheeled mine in my 84 with 30's and never had a problem, but I doubt they are any bigger and perhaps smaller then the small ujoints in my 89.

edit: also a guy in Rapid runs some kind of CV joint, Grand I believe, and has never broken them with 4.56, ARBs, and 34's while running the hardest trails.

Back