• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My front bumper

csudman

NAXJA Forum User
Before i start. Any ideas or suggestions. Im gonna do this, then axles and tires, and then the exo/interior. So this will tie in to everthing else Ive done.
0.jpg

1.jpg

The tubes going out to the ends of the bumper might cover the bottom inner corner of the headlights. Not that big of a deal. Mine does, but it doesn't seem to affect lighting much at all.

I'd also add about 6" of straight tube in the middle of the center bend to broaden it out just a tad.

Looks good.

It looks kinda like this one......

xjfrntpwb03.jpg

You might want to consider doing a downbend at the ends of those outer joints like in MC's picture. You want to get a good bead inside that angle and it's gonna be tough.

vintagespeed said:
You might want to consider doing a downbend at the ends of those outer joints like in MC's picture. You want to get a good bead inside that angle and it's gonna be tough.

Yeah I'll do that. Any other ideas? Im pretty happy w/ the way its gonna look. I'm also gonna do the Borton Tube fender thing to tie my rails and rear bumper together.

This ones done in AC3D. You can download it here. But I just got solidworks. Thats the mack daddy of 3d design. But it takes some cad skills to use it. The AC3D isn't that hard to understand for the beginning user.

The point on the front stinger might look strange on the XJ. I like the flat top ones like in the picture posted. I'd also recommend the bends in the tube where it meets the main body of the bumper. I didn't do that and I should have. Of course, I might be biased on the stinger issue...
bump_frontcorner.jpg

another program to use is Pro-Engineer. Solidworks is great too. very intuitive...BTW, i have a tutorial(PDF) for SW in case you didnt get it with your copy. its a great way to learn the program.
-J

Well, guess I'll post some build pics cause I'm bored. Im not staying completely true to the 3d design. But its pretty much the same thing. Heres some crappy pics.
0.jpg

1.jpg

korda said:
The point on the front stinger might look strange on the XJ. I like the flat top ones like in the picture posted. I'd also recommend the bends in the tube where it meets the main body of the bumper. I didn't do that and I should have. Of course, I might be biased on the stinger issue...
bump_frontcorner.jpg

Korda, how much does that stick out from the front of the grill? Just curious.

korda said:
bump_frontcorner.jpg

Korda

Are you setting up that bumper with a winch mount?

Back