• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ questions

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Do 87MJ's take only MJ doors or will XJ doors fit it. Daughters boyfriend needs a new drivers door, figure if it will take an XJ door there will be more plentiful options for replacement....
Other question, is the MJ's nose aluminum, he swears the hood and fenders are aluminum, I say no.
These things are just different enough to drive me nuts...

Search for the MJ door question it was posted about 2 weeks back i forget what was determined.

unless he got aftermarket parts, his front fenders hood should be steel

if you live where you can get rust, rip away the front inner fender and sneek a peak, of if he's that adimant, drill a holl in the bottom of his hood, small one and see if it rust after 2 weeks

The MJ doors are the same as 4-door XJ doors, and the hood and fenders are steel.

You better watch that boy -- I wonder what he's been smoking.

Majo said:
if you live where you can get rust, rip away the front inner fender and sneek a peak, of if he's that adimant, drill a holl in the bottom of his hood, small one and see if it rust after 2 weeks

Unnecessary.

Magnets. Stick to steel, ignore aluminum. End of discussion.

Eagle is just against it because it would deform another MJ!

Yeah, after realizing I never thought of that. Eagles method is best hands down.

I wasn't thinking correctly, musta been something in the pond water up here :puke:

Majo said:
Eagle is just against it because it would deform another MJ!

Shaddup!

Ya blew my cover.

Back