• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just visited the old forum :(

XJguy

NAXJA Forum User
I know I have to move on, but I miss the old style....so much easier to get around and just browse in :tears:

XJguy

XJguy said:
I know I have to move on, but I miss the old style....so much easier to get around and just browse in :tears:

XJguy

I feel your pain, amigo, and so do others from the NAC. But it rather appears that ONLY NAC members miss the old style. I think Beezil threatened everyone in the mid-west with the spanking machine if they didn't support his "change for the sake of change" campaign. :D

I'm not a member of NAC nor did I goto the NAC forum, but I "DO" miss the old forums as well...farewell to the old forums... :(

Trail *runs down the hall crying* Blazer

I'm one of the few people that also misses the old forums. I miss the subject headings and the way threads could play out, and you could actually see the changes in the thread topic. You could also grab peoples attention w/ a subject heading so that they would read your post, whereas w/ this style, the original heading has to be catchy or it doesn't get the attention. Too bad the two systems aren't compatible. I still keep waiting subconsciously to get on one day and have the old forums back. My biggest problem is telling this and JU apart. I often have both forums running in seperate windows at the same time, and get confused momentarily after going back and forth too many times. Time to move on I suppose. :bawl:

Ary

Ary, you don't have to keep JU running, since we changed to their format most of them are over here anyway.

Who has a picture of......

You guys aren't alone. I also miss the old style. I am not fond of this style forum, as every one uses this type. It doesn't seem that there have been as many posts on this format either.

Change is good.....

cryingcardsmall.jpg

I think that it's a toss up. There were things that i really liked about the old forum, but there are quite a few things that I like about the new forum as well.

In regards to the number of posts... well I think that you also have to keep in mind the fact that NAXJA experiences ups and downs every so often..... oh.. and you should see hte length of some threads here recently :) :)

Kejtar
P.S. I heard it in the grapevine that sometime in the future a new versoin of this software/board is supposed to support the view that would make it look just like the old style.

Hmmmm........ that new/old view would be cool.

I do miss the old forum format. But I guess I might be getting used to this one. It certainly is more efficient on the server.

ChiXJeff

Just to touch on what Kejtar said...

We are currently running the last version of the 2.X.X vBulletin software. Version 3 has some very interesting features, including the linear layout, and a "modified" threaded layout. Will it look the same as the old software? no, but it will have a window that shows the threaded layout.

Version 3 is still in Private Beta. Once it seems stable, they will release it for public beta testing. Depending on the feedback of the private beta testers, a decision will be made to upgrade at that time.

That is only one of the improved features. Optimization and goodies will be nice. It also has some parts that will specifically benefit NAXJA as a club, but we will go there once we see how those parts work.

Keep in mind, many of us (including this writer) liked the old forums. We did not just wake up one morning and decide to change. There are good reasons for the change.

We appreciate the feedback, and stay tuned... more good features are coming. :D

FF, I completely understand the reasoning for the change, and I will continue to come around, that is for sure. I was just stating how I like that NAXJA was unique with its forum layout, which is nice sometimes.

Keep up the good work

as for Beezil :shakehead:

Okay - I'll speak up in support of change (Beezel - you can send me my check later) - I'm a member and I really never liked the old style. So there! I like the new style, and to me it's much easier to get around in.

It helps that my main Jeep hangout (not JU) uses this style as well though.

Jeff

I like it as now the SNORT, Pirate, and NAXJA all use the same software - makes it nice and easy - better search function too

Matt - get over it! :rolleyes:

I miss the old mainly cuz I was used to browsing there, however, I posted that NAXJA had changed format on Michiganjeepers and I've seen alot of people from there here because they didn't like the old. Sooo, maybe potential new members??? That's all good.

Beezil writes "Change is good"

Where's your KJ then amiga?

Oh that's right, you bought a Fandango. Can't wait to see the top-chop pix of that one.

For the record, I'm still sore DC killed off the Comanche for the Dakota, but instead of wasting time in pointless lamentation... (sound of wailing woman, wrenches turning & dollars burning in the background)

If ya can't buy it, build it.

:cheers:

Back