• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with RE 5.5 Short arm lift please

PWRDrill

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,

I'm mostly a troll here, but by gleaming the information from you I've since bought a 95 XJ 4.0l. Right now I'm installing the lift (fun let me tell ya).
Which brings me to my question...

I've started on the front end and have the CA drop brackets, braces, UCA's and LCA's installed. The drop brackets, braces and the xmember are now tight.

I know I need to be on a flat surface and line the axle up before I connect the trackbar, but when is it best that I torque down the UCA's and LCA's? From what I have read I get conficting ideas. Should I align the axle and then do the control arms and then trackbar? Or can I just put weight on wheels, toque down the control arms and then align the axle? Please help, this is my next step (after I get some sleep)

Kevin

PWRDrill said:
Hello all,

I'm mostly a troll here, but by gleaming the information from you I've since bought a 95 XJ 4.0l. Right now I'm installing the lift (fun let me tell ya).
Which brings me to my question...

I've started on the front end and have the CA drop brackets, braces, UCA's and LCA's installed. The drop brackets, braces and the xmember are now tight.

I know I need to be on a flat surface and line the axle up before I connect the trackbar, but when is it best that I torque down the UCA's and LCA's? From what I have read I get conficting ideas. Should I align the axle and then do the control arms and then trackbar? Or can I just put weight on wheels, toque down the control arms and then align the axle? Please help, this is my next step (after I get some sleep)

Kevin
Set it on the ground and then torque the arms and then you can turn the steering wheel to line up the trackbar, with the 5.5 kit you should have the HD trackbar and mount so you will have to do it a few times to get the proper adjustment to center the axle under the front. Once it is all set then torgue it down also, be sure to check every nut and bolt after driving it a few times just to make sure nothing worked loose

Thanks guys, that's what I was looking for... Back to work.

Oh, and Lunatic, the best advise I could give would be to leave everything extremely loose before you tighten down anything! I didn't have any of the alignment issues that several others have had.

Kevin

Back