• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some real advise

AT XJ

NAXJA Forum User
It can be done (OWL) 383 700r4 serious about swap

I have a newer 383 and 700r4 with tc. My question is does anyone have some
real info on putting tis in my XJ. I have all fab tools mills lathes what ever is
ness. but this is my first jeep project. I need some guidlines i have an 86xj
2.5l 0.5l wanna be with 244K im am not looking for options on engines simply
because i already have the motor tranny tc. But too afraid to dive in without help. I also have all ness. cooling systems.
I know it can be done (OWL) but cant find any real info on a 350(383) swap. I'v surfed the web untill my nipples got raw nothing on 350Xj. Wouldnt want to go AA route to costly, this is a trail rig only.

Smashed it, Crashed it, Rolled it, Sunk it........drove it home Only in a Jeep :explosion

Last edited:
One of our members somewhere in the mid-west had a SBC in an XJ. Haven't seen him on-line recently. There's an XJ with a Chevy 350 in it on a used car lot in Woonsocket, RI. The guy found it at auction -- the auction had no idea it wasn't a stock XJ (you might think the dual exhaust would be a clue, but ...). Unfortunately, that means I can't tell you to call him and ask what he had to do to make it fit.

Back