• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Drive Shaft play

Moto

NAXJA Member #576
I have been getting a little bit of vibe in my front end, and am pretty sure that it is my front DShaft. I can shake it and there is a little bit of play inside of the shaft when I move it up and down or side to side, there seems to be no rotational slop at all but just some movement side to side and up and down, it goes away when I grease it but only until I drive it, I dont think that it is supposed to have really any play at all so is this normal?

There could be slight movement but not much at all. Kind of hard to say how much is ok. If you have front vibs do they go away when it is freshly greased? If so might be time for a ned driveline.

mark

I'll try that. If I find it to be crap, what is my best option, having one made? buying a new factory one or what?

i would personally ensure that the ujoint are working properly before spending the $$$$$ on a new driveshaft.

Back