• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front 44 Trivia Time

Correct me if I'm wrong.........

But weren't the majority of Front D44 High pinion drivers drop axles used in Fords? Did anyone else use the drivers drop HP D44?

Ghost said:
But weren't the majority of Front D44 High pinion drivers drop axles used in Fords? Did anyone else use the drivers drop HP D44?

The only other drivers drop high pinion axles used in light duty trucks comes on a 2003 and up Dodge 2500 and 3500 series pickup. They are made by AAM.

CRASH

Ghost said:

To get a high pinion axle, either D44 or D60, it has to be a Ford. Don't know what axle the new Dodge's use, but like CRASH said, they're not Dana.

AAM axles

The american axle manufacturer of axles makes very good axles. This is the same company I believe makes the GM corporate axles as well. I have seen these axles up close and personal and believe them to be stronger and superior in quality and design.

Rabbit

Seems like all the newer axles are going to stupid unit bearings though. Is that true for the AAM axles?

andyr354 said:
Seems like all the newer axles are going to stupid unit bearings though. Is that true for the AAM axles?

Yes, they use unit bearings, and I believe they kept the disconnect of the Dana designed 60 of the pre-03 rams.

They also kept the 33 spline inners of the old Rams (on the 60). The 44 is 30 spline.

CRASH

Back