• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

injector o-rings

Re: o-ring kit.
---
I looked at Autozone, Checker, & PepBoys before finally finding them at Advance Auto Parts - for about $12. Call them for the part number.

I dont have a part number, but I know you can get them at Autozone and AdvanceAuto. At Autozone, they were in the HELP! section. The ones in the help section had more than enough to finish the job. When I asked for the ones behind the counter, it didnt have enough, I had to buy 2 sets to have enough. Probably the same at AdvanceAuto. Good Luck.

90red

offroaddestruction said:
does anyone happen to know what the part number is for the orings and seals on the 1988 limited injectors?

orings.JPG

Rev

"Fuel injector throttlebody gasket" - GP/Sorensen O-rings, #800 - 9220, $8.99 for 12. (I am now a 'Zoner.)

Ask the compugeeks who wrote the database why they don't list them as O-Rings. I beat the keyboard hourly trying to find valid crosslinks, but there seem to be few. Just more stuff like this.

Ford rings are listed the same, different number, are a softer compound, and when I got new Ford injectors from 5.0, I used the ones on them. So far, so good.

Orange injectors and green 'rings, woo hoo.

Or have a '97+ and pay $60 for 12 :doh:

uvaldetxj said:
buy them at the dealer like i did

....and get ripped off at 7 bux for 2.

I got ripped worse at the dealer, $11 per injector ($66) but they were green! That's the thing I dislike most about buying parts at a dealer

JoBo

If you have a leak on pre 91 injectors it was often at the metal plastic seam on these pos injectors instead of the orings resulting in many an early xj going up in flames. Use some tissue near the seam to detect. If gets wet at seam you got it. when one goes other soon follow per my experience and that of my long time dealer service writer. I like other replaced mine w. a different aftermarket brand. Many have used ford 5.0 motor v8 injectors. Seach here and jeepsunlimited.com for many threads on this. Greg

offroaddestruction said:
does anyone happen to know what the part number is for the orings and seals on the 1988 limited injectors?

Back