• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5L still running rich

oldmopars

NAXJA Forum User
I have been having problems with my 87 MJ running rich. I have replaced the spark plugs, O2 sensor, tried to time it, but the sticker on the hood said it was not adjustable. Compression is a little low, but even.
Its so bad that it will not move under its own power right now. It will start and run, but not move.
I do not know what to try next. I have a manual, but it sucks, no help there.
Would a plugged converter cause this? What about the MAP sensor? Anything I can check or bypass to see if its the problem?
Any help would be great.

Specs are: 87 2.5L manual trans 4x4

Scott
89 XJ
87 MJ

Coolant Temperature Sensor

do a search and find the posts I made about it...this sensor monitors the coolant temps and tells the computer when the coolant has heated up so the computer can adjust the fuel/air mixture. Very simple swap takes about 15 minutes. BTW, it's located on the back corner of your intake manifold...make sure you put something down to catch the spilled coolant when you remove the sensor, and make sure you fill it back up & burp the system when you're done. A racheting open end wrench will greatly assist in the ease of removal & installation.

Reply back if you have any questions....

PS: go to www.napaonline.com to find the part # TS5018

Back