• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE adj LCA's

BLUTO

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking at RE adjustable LCA's. They had Superflex and Superride at $230 and $180 respectively. What is the difference? :confused: There wasn't anything in their ad to explain the difference.
Are these a good deal OR are there better adj. LCA's out there?
Thanx,

BLUTO

I know of ONE difference. The Superride have rubber bushings to give a smoother ride than the Superflex with poly bushings.

xjohnnyc said:
I know of ONE difference. The Superride have rubber bushings to give a smoother ride than the Superflex with poly bushings.

I think the SF have the RE spherical joints on one end and rubber on the other - no poly.

Phil Weeks said:
I think the SF have the RE spherical joints on one end and rubber on the other - no poly.

That is correct, superflex Have the spherical ball joint on the axle end and a rubber factory style bushing on the frame end, super ride have factory style rubber bushings on both ends, The spherical ball joints are basically the same as Jonny joints except the can be tightened up as they wear because One side srews in and has a locking srew to keep it in that position

Doh! Well, all I knew was that the SuperRides have rubber bushings. I KNEW that couldn't account for a $50 difference.

Another question - fixed or adjustable LCAs to replace my dinged factory ones?

The superflex joint allows the axle end of the control arm to twist more, thus giving you more flex than a standard rubber bushing. Also reduces the twisting force on the axle end of the control arm, which helps those rubber bushings to last longer and reduces the stress on the frame mount.

If you keep them greased up, the SF joints should last longer, mainly because you're not twisting up a rubber bushing every time you wheel it.

Abugarcia said:
How many inches of lift do you have?

Four inches...

So it looks like you guys recommend the Superflex adjustables. Thanks.

Back