• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Muffler

xjndmud

NAXJA Forum User
Im thinkin about cutting off my catalytic converter and muffler and putting a flowmaster on, what effects would that have on gas milage, and power, yes i know its not the most legal thing to do

Yeah, keep the cat and throw on a Flowmaster. I have Rusty's setup and it works great. Kinda loud with a header though.

Joe

I cut my cat and only have a 'glass pack', I did so because my cat and muffler got so bent I had no choice, using the glass pack it has no corners, everything just 'floats' over the rocks w/o snagging.

I noticed no difference in torque, I'm sure if it were on a real dyno you'd see a slight difference but the seat of the pants dyno noticed nothing.

xjndmud said:
... yes i know its not the most legal thing to do

It's not only "not the most legal thing to do-- it is completely illegal in every state of the United States. In most states it is against State law, and even where the state doesn't regulate it it is against Federal law. It's "fixes" like this that give us off-roaders a bad name with the enviro-nazis, and it doesn't help your performance any, so why not just buy a good cat-back and stay legal?

Back