• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gibson Exhaust

Nick

NAXJA Member #690
Anyone running it? Can you feel any difference in power? Do they actually produce better low end power than the rest of the cat-backs out there.

the gibson exhaust on my '99 is the sweetest thing i have ever heard on a jeep, headers and s pipes included. the can is a big round mother, so you WILL beat the chit out of it on rocks and trail crap, but the low and mid grunt it provides is more than worth it. not unlike shaft, its a bad motha.

bgcntry72 said:
the gibson exhaust on my '99 is the sweetest thing i have ever heard on a jeep, headers and s pipes included. the can is a big round mother, so you WILL beat the chit out of it on rocks and trail crap, but the low and mid grunt it provides is more than worth it. not unlike shaft, its a bad motha.

I couldnt agree more... I have it on my 00 so we probably have the same system. I love mine

2000 XJ SPORT - (Patriot Blue / High-Output 4.0L I-6) Gibson Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System, K&N Generation II FIPK Air-Intake System, Bored Throttle Body, Jet Chip Stage II, Jet 180° Degree Thermostat, 1997 15" ZJ Canyon Rims, Premium White Dual 7" + 7" Racing Stripes, SmittyBilt Brush Guards, complete with matching Running Boards and Tail-Light Guards, Eurostyle Antenna, Auto Ventshade VentiVisors, Cibie H4 Head Lamps, Sylvania Silverstars H4 bulbs with Wire Harness / Relay, PIAA 520-Series Fog Lamps, Clear Turn Signals & Clear Front Corner Lights with Super White 194~3157 bulbs, Crimestopper SuperRage CS2011 Remote Starter / Security Alarm, Mopar Locking Gas Cap, Custom Interior Wood Trim, 5-Star Genuine Dual Sheepskin Seat Covers, Cobra ESD 9860 CS Radar / Laser Detector / Compass, mounted 3-D MagLite and ABC Fire Extinguisher, DVD Player / 7" Screen...

Now, THAT is one helluva sig line!

CRASH

bgcntry72 said:
he even listed the mounted mag light, must be an accountant.

Close...

all that truck is missing is a raccoon tail on the euro antenna...........and a number..........you need a number............herbie was 53 i think.

bgcntry72 said:
all that truck is missing is a raccoon tail on the euro antenna...........and a number..........you need a number............herbie was 53 i think.

lol funny :D

HIJACK!

I got a Gibson, no heads though. I love it. Noticeable power increase from my weeny 2.8. It sounds great. Master Muffler packed it up tight so there's no chance of hitting it on rocks. It's up high.

crimsonride, what did your gibson system run you and where did you get it? thanks again.

I dunno..that big round motha seems bad to me. I like my flat Flowmaster..hell, I've even put a small dent in that. The Flowmaster is also strong, so it'll take abuse. I wouldn't want to spend a large sum on a fancy muffler just to destroy it the frist time I drive in a rock garden!

PICT0037.jpg

Well, I got it from my work so I didn't spend much. It was for a Grand Cherokee and I had Master Muffler here in Utah bend the pipe for me. I think they're the same muffler and tip. They bent the pipe so it's up high, there's really not much of a chance of hitting it on anything, it's way up there. It's also pretty beefy, they're strong, that's f'sure.

You should check out www.spintachmufflers.com. I run one and so do a few other guys on Naxja. In my opion there is not a better sounding or more durable muffler. And the low end gains are awsome. There new desighn is only 2 3/4" thick, so they tuck away nicely. Thats not to say that Gibson makes a bad system, but I looked long and hard before making this purchase.

Back