• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 rear diff with disc brakes

cherokeekid

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting ready to set some D44's for TJ's but they are originally out of XJ/MJ's. I will be putting disc brakes on them and wanted to see if someone here wanted one with disc brakes before I cut the brackets off and weld the TJ stuff on.

Not to put any pressure on but if you are interested let me know by monday if possible that's when I plan to start on the brackets

How complete is the 3.55, will it need anything, xj or mj (is there a difference?),5 on 4.5 or 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern, and shipping to 32580?
Also, $650 for the one w/discs (home brew or after market conversion?) seems reasonable to me, if shipping doesn't kill me!
Post reply or pm me, I will let you know before Monday and mail check if we can finalize the deal.
If $650 if for both, and I haven't put my foot in my mouth, how much for just the one with 3.55?
Thanks

$650 each

I have a couple different ratios

and I have one already set up for an MJ.

the disc brakes are the same style as explorers/ZJ. They use factory Ford parts, I would assume that they are the same as the Tera disc brake kits.

I figure a XJ d44 goes for about $350-400 and the disc brake kits are easily $300-400

Sorry to question you the way I did. Now I see what you're talking about. :doh:
Care to give up some part numbers so I can do my own d44, or lead me to a link on the process?
Thanks,
Dan.

cherokeekid said:
$650 each

I have a couple different ratios

and I have one already set up for an MJ.

the disc brakes are the same style as explorers/ZJ. They use factory Ford parts, I would assume that they are the same as the Tera disc brake kits.

I figure a XJ d44 goes for about $350-400 and the disc brake kits are easily $300-400

TRNDRVR said:
Sorry to question you the way I did. Now I see what you're talking about. :doh:
Care to give up some part numbers so I can do my own d44, or lead me to a link on the process?
Thanks,
Dan.

I'll put some stuff together and shoot it over to you.

-Foamer Mike

Hello Cherokee Kid,
You answered most of my questions, and I'm sure others, but not all.
I AM interested in the 3.55 set-up, $650 is a fair price. Does , or will it need anything, is it 5 on 4.5 or 5 on 5.5, how much to 32580?

i have always shipped axles/engines via forwardair (see www.forwardair.com)

the last axle i shipped was an XJ D44 from Maryland to Arizona. cost $92. i just stopped at the local store and grabbed a pallet. stapped it down. and took it to the forwardair dock.

HTH
BAMBAM

Thanks for the FA info, I checked online though and they wanted $300-400 to FL. I'll try to call tommorow and see if I can get a better price.

Diff with Discs

cherokeekid said:
Thanks for the FA info, I checked online though and they wanted $300-400 to FL. I'll try to call tommorow and see if I can get a better price.
Wow! you guys are cool! Wish the rest of America had this kind of spirit.
$300-400 would kill my little budget, but I'll keep checking this thread for updates.
If it doesn't pan out, please put me in line for the conversion info you're putting together.
Thanks, may 4x4 karma bless us all with happy trails! :patriot:

Fa

I used the FA online estimator to quote shipping a tranny/tcase and it said $300-$400 then I called FA and they quoted me at $70. The online estimator is way off, even one of their employees said that.

I'm gonna see if I can come up with something decent on shipping.

I am really trying to avoid messing with it if at all possible :looney:

I got most of the TJ stuff before I was able to go online, so I might have to keep an eye out for some more and just leave them for XJ's

I'm also looking at some disc brakes stuff (alot easier to ship) for those that have shown interest.

I've replied to some of the Pm's I've recieved. I'm going to see if I can source some more brake kits. and have you guys get the D44's local, unless I can come up with something today. I think it will probably be cheaper easier.

Back