• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

low gas light stuck on

CaptTrev

NAXJA Forum User
1996 4.0 XJ with full gauge cluster...

well, a few months ago I installed an indiglo gauge kit (from ebay).

unfortunately, after i finished the install, i noticed an intermittant problem with my low gas light.

at various times the light will come on and stay on for any length of time.

right now it sems to be on more then it is off. it seems to be completely intermittant, with no relation to amount of gas in the tank.

it used to work fine before. :doh:

for those of you who havent taken the gauges out of the dash before, you need to unscrew some of the electrical connections on the back.

when i reinstalled my gauges (after placing indiglow faces over the top) i believe i did everything ok and put all screws back correctly.

all gauges work correctly, its just the gas light thats malfunctioning.

could this be unrelated to the glow gauge install?

could this be a bad ground somewhere?

PLEASE HELP!

thanks

CaptTrev

I have a similar problem but with the Low Washer Fluid idiot light. I filled up the tank and made sure all the wires were connected but i still dont know what the deal is.

I realise you have a 96 but.....

On the 91s, the fuel level sender has a higher resistance when the tank is empty.

You may have a loose connection to the fuel guage as a result of the install. When the connection breaks, the light comes on.

Back