• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet and Greet

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Unfortunately I didn't get to meet everyone that was at Calico and to keep the momentum going of the Calico event, I'd like to set up a meet and greet. I know we are spread out all over southern California so it's going to be hard to cater to everyone so I was thinking we could have one in a different area each month. I live in Fullerton and work in Huntington Beach, so I was thinking of hosting/setting up the first one somewhere in the OC/LA county line area. Any suggested locations and day of the week the would good for people who may be able to attend?

what about

Suggest a time and place and set it up :D There is quite a few of us in OC and also few in nearby LA region that wouldn't have to drive too far ...

I'll look at my calender when I get home tonight and figure something out. Most likely after Presidents Day Weekend.

Any suggestions for which day of the week?

Location? Burger/pizza place?

How about Dave and Busters???

Hey I also work in HB..... where do you work in HB???

Shanbo44 said:
How about the Spearmint Rhino in Downtown LA!! :laugh:

Dave and Busters would be cool, but I am in northern LA county and it would be about a 90 min but what the hell.

Shannon

Make it maybe a weekend breakfast or lunch deal. Or maybe we could do a meet/greet/workshop day? :D

Kejtar said:
...do a meet/greet/workshop day...
Actually I think Shannon was looking for a meet/greet/lapdance day.

I think that a simple evening type thing would be better for this. If we turn it into an afternoon/all day thing then it's no longer a meet & greet, it's a fender trimming/lift/alignment party.

I'd say Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday at about 7.00 pm would be a good slot. That way those of us that feel like traveling can arrive there, it won't go too late, and it won't get in the way of Friday plans.

Also, the idea is that we'd have multiple meet and greets in different parts of the region, I'll try to attend as many as I can.

Unless it's in Bakersfield.

I'm afraid of Bakersfield.

Sequoia

7 ish sounds good to me too, but it would have to be within an hour of work.
(I get off at 6!)
Rabbit

zjmikey said:
How about Dave and Busters???

Hey I also work in HB..... where do you work in HB???

Warner and Bolsa Chica

WARNER and BOLSA CHICA???

I am at Graham and Edinger, (about a block away)..

Any preference of burgers or pizza?

Burgers, we can hang out by the Jeeps and shoot the sheet, or...

Pizza, we can hang out inside and shoot the sheet.

I'm looking at Tuesday, the 24th.

7pm that's like just an hour before bedtime!

I'd like to see a M&G on a Sunday. That way people who want to travel a ways can.

And maybe alternating locations to cover the area more as to let people pick the closest locations to them. Maybe a LA, Central/South OC and Inland Impire location. Pick locations and times and stick to them so it becomes a regular thing.

This could be a regular thing when not on wheeling trips. Like every first or third sunday of the month at a regular time.

mark

Mark Hinkley said:
7pm that's like just an hour before bedtime!

I'd like to see a M&G on a Sunday. That way people who want to travel a ways can.

And maybe alternating locations to cover the area more as to let people pick the closest locations to them. Maybe a LA, Central/South OC and Inland Impire location. Pick locations and times and stick to them so it becomes a regular thing.

This could be a regular thing when not on wheeling trips. Like every first or third sunday of the month at a regular time.

mark
Mayby we could just hold it at Marks, I hear he has plenty of time to make little snack plates and stuff :wave1:

karstic said:
Any preference of burgers or pizza?

Burgers, we can hang out by the Jeeps and shoot the sheet, or...

Pizza, we can hang out inside and shoot the sheet.

I'm looking at Tuesday, the 24th.

I vote for burgers :D but I can't make it on Tuesdays :(

M&G

I like the weekend idea, maybe a short wheel trip then pizza and beer afterwards for the first one before we make it a formal affair on a weekday. I still havn't met that many of you yet.

Rabbit

ryurabbit said:
I like the weekend idea, maybe a short wheel trip then pizza and beer afterwards for the first one before we make it a formal affair on a weekday. I still havn't met that many of you yet.

Rabbit
It would be difficult for me to make it on a weekend. Those are my most productive garage days. In any case, I'll try to make whenever it's decided upon.

Rabbit, since you've elected yourself as my personal spellchecker, it's "haven't." LOL

Dan

Back