• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Neutral safety switch

90NHXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I don't have to worry about this because I have two 5 speeds, but just curious. In my opinion for $300 to $400 for a new neutral safety switch couldn't it just be bypassed instead? I would never pay that much for something like that. Chrysler must think everyone has rectal printing presses that shoots Jacksons out at will!

Me Too...

:flamemad: I just grenaded mine taking it off to clean it. When it rains, it pours. Any way to bypass?

90NHXJ said:
I don't have to worry about this because I have two 5 speeds, but just curious. In my opinion for $300 to $400 for a new neutral safety switch couldn't it just be bypassed instead? I would never pay that much for something like that. Chrysler must think everyone has rectal printing presses that shoots Jacksons out at will!

The NSS on Jeeps also controls the backup lights and tells the TCU what position the selector is in, which means that it is probably worth as much as a tenth what they charge, rather than a twentieth.

It is possible to bypass just the neutral safety function, either by rewiring, or in the case of the later models, jumpering one of the relays (too cold and snowy out to go fetch my shop manual and recall which relay and which pins).

Back