• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The jeep is back online!! Finally!!

jtszymano

NAXJA Forum User
Yep, after about 36hrs of mental effort and 6hrs of physical effort, I frickin' did it. I got the coils out and yes, I got the new ones in. I actually cant believe it.

For awhile there I was wondering how I was going to get my jeep outta my buddies driveway...

Besides a couple flesh wounds and some stress, I made it okay. Keep in mind I am not at all mechanically inclined. This makes me realize that if I could do it, anyone can.

Bottomline, I couldnt do it w/o you guys.

Thanks very much. Its kinda weird, you'd think that after the stress/effort I would have raised it 8". Too bad I dropped it from 3" to 1.5(w/ upcountry).

PS-I lowered the rear last week to 2" in 2 hrs, but Ive done that before. So total time=about 8 hrs.

Once again, thanks guys! Jeremy S.

Did you install UC rear spring packs too? How does it ride?

Well, I actually just removed the small leaf the 3" leaf pack I had. So right now Im at about 2-2.5". Im pretty sure itll settle.

BUT,if this doesnt work out Ill probably go UC rear...JTS

I see.. let us know how that works out, that's not a normal one :)

So you're just using up country coils? are they stiffer than regular stock coils?

I cant remember what the stockers felt like. Its been so long, since I took those off.
I can tell you that the UC's are much smoother than the 3" coils I had on. But you know how that is, its always super smooth until like two weeks out. We'll see...

JTS

Back